Monday, June 10, 2013

6 Months in Photos


Aww...What a cute little 6 month old.  He really is such a smiley and happy baby.  That is the comment I get most from people.  And I love it.  

Little do they know that he does have a dark side.  It usually emerges at bedtime and all through the night.  Especially getting those two cute little chompers.  They did not come easily.  And I'm super nervous that the next set will come while we are in Utah.  At his 6 month appointment the doctor thought the top teeth were on their way, confirming my suspicions.  But they are early yet, they probably won't rupture for a few more weeks.  Sorry in advance to my parents.

 

He doesn't usually stay on his stomach too long because he's so anxious to see what is around him.  He often moves to the side position with one arm propping him up and one leg in the air, head as high as he can get it, to see what is on the floor and where he should next roll.  It's super funny.  And once he has spotted what he wants he gets there FAST.  I'm so scared for what I am in for.
 
 

And yes, he does sit all alone.  At least until he gets bored with it and wants to roll around.  He very carefully falls to the side and gets moving.  (Sometimes he falls less carefully too.)
 
 

He's pretty determined.  He knows what he wants and he goes for it.  And it's usually something I deem less safe and then he cries when I take it from him.  I don't blame him.  I'd cry too if someone took what I had just worked so hard to get.

He is so wiggly!  There is no holding him on your lap these days.  It's constant movement.  He only wants to be held when he is tired or hungry or teething.  And even then he wants it on his terms.  If he doesn't agree with the position you put him in he will squirm and move until he is satisfied.  Makes church awesome!

He is also really capable with his feet.  He is like a monkey.  They act as hands.  He'll grab something with his feet and bring it to his hands and back and forth.
 

He still loves to eat.  Unfortunately, I think he had a sensitivity to green beans and that has me slightly worried about trying new solids.  I guess there isn't much I can do but keep trying things out.  It was a weird reaction though, his eyes and forehead got rashy, not his mouth or anywhere near the green beans.  Strange.

And he still wants to do and be everything Isaac is.  They try so hard to play together but are so not capable.  Ben can't do what Isaac wants him to and Isaac doesn't tolerate too much of Ben's antics.  Someday though I think they will be pals.  At least I hope.

And have I mentioned how much more difficult taking these photos is getting.  Two squirmy crazy boys!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jason&Shannon said...

Well look at that chubby active little man! He is still as cute as ever, but maybe the calming influence is over and now you will just have a busy boy on your hands. At least you are a seasoned parent on how to take care of a busy boy! Love to all your wonderful family...good luck with church from now until about 18 months!