Sunday, June 23, 2013

Past and Present

We went to the zoo one Friday, a few weeks ago.  It was a good day and we sure appreciated spending time with Sarah and her cute kiddos.  Isaac didn't last too long looking at the animals but he did have fun playing with his cousin.

 

I thought the rhinos were awesome.  It was a fun exhibit.  The new elephant passage area was also really amazing.
 

Ben slept some, but not much, and then had a good time watching his brother and cousins.  He got a little cranky and I ended up with him in the front pack.  It was funny, I had Jacob with me so we each had a stroller (I didn't have a good one where Ben could sleep and Isaac could ride) but at one point we were both pushing empty strollers.  It was nice to have lots of room for storage of camera's, lunch bag and other gear though.
 

About a week after the zoo we ended up with a brand new side-by-side jogging stroller.  I'm loving it so far.  It would have been perfect for our zoo trip...too bad.  Also, too bad it's too big to fit in the car with all of our luggage for our upcoming trip to Utah.  I'm sure we'd really like having that stroller with us.  We'll see what we can arrange though.  Jacob is talking about throwing some stuff on top of the car.

In other news, Isaac enjoyed his first soft serve ice cream cone.  Ah summer!  50 cent cones at Burger King all summer long (or something like that).
 
 

Ben is attempting to drink out of sippy cups with moderate success.  He does like chewing on them mostly.  Those stop teeth still aren't in yet but I think we are close.  He seems a little miserable.  Still sleeping pretty well though.  

With the exception of naps.  He learned to pull up on the crib about a week ago.  He also seems to be transitioning to full fledged crawling on the knees.  And I'm pretty sure I saw him take a few steps while pulled up on a box today.  He just doesn't want to sleep during the day now that he can do so much!  Hopefully this nap struggle phase won't last too long.

Shortly after seeing this I put on the fabric covers I made when Isaac was little.  Trying to prevent any more teeth marks on my crib.  Mostly the damage is already done though.  Isaac was a huge chew on the crib baby.

Bath time is fun for all.  Usually we don't throw them in together because Isaac has a hard time sharing space and Ben is getting more that way too.  But they sure are cute little bathing babes!
 
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Cute boys! We haven't made it to the zoo yet this year and aren't likely to at this point. Maybe we'll at least manage a trip or two to Burger King. Looks yummy!

Jason&Shannon said...

Wow! what an active little boy to pull up on his crib, crawl and start taking a couple of steps all at 6 months. I recognize the orange outfit...glad it fits. What cute bathing boys.

Strupp Family said...

What cute kids!! I have a double jogging stroller that I love. Although, now that my kids are a little older it's kind of useless. :) I'm sad we won't be in Utah at the same time! Have fun, though!!

PS (from your comment on my blog post) It's not so bad training for a half when the kids are a little older. I don't know how Amanda finds the time, though! Yikes. It seems like it's nonstop action until the kids are 4 or 5 :)

D. said...

So Cute! Can't wait to see you in a couple or few days.

Amanda, Curtis, Ellis, Hugh, Rhys, Graham, Sylvia said...

How great to have a photo of his first soft-serve ice cream! Summer is all about the sensory memories like that. And strollers are always handy, but I'm glad you got one you that you love. It can make all the difference in a parent feeling the confidence and energy they need to get around town with the kids.