Friday, June 7, 2013

Happy Half

Ben is 6 months old!  I can't believe how quickly time is flying by.

This first picture was actually the day before he turned 6 months old and he was having peas for the first time.  He liked them.  But he ended up spitting up a ton after eating them.  Maybe it was too many peas for a first try...I don't know.  I have been mixing them with his rice cereal since then and he seems to be doing much better with them.  Maybe we'll try something new in the coming days and see how he does.


And these were actually taken on his half birthday morning.  We had a busy day so I didn't get around to taking his official pictures until today.  And I haven't had any time to look at them and see if they turned out.  So for now, these little gems will have to suffice.
 
 

It's amazing how much this kiddo can move without really crawling.  He is a rolling champ and has begun to scoot a little.  He pushes with his feet and pulls with his arms.  He's particularly fast on the wood floor.  He can also sit and pivot in place.  I think he is close to pulling up and going from crawling position to sitting.  We'll see how long it actually takes him.  He is certainly a busy boy.

He started by the toys and pillows you see on the floor in the background and ended in the dining room.  He's usually not satisfied until he finds one of Isaac's toys or the fireplace hearth, both of which are not my favorite things for him to have.  He thinks it's a good joke when I say "Ben, that's dangerous."  He just smiles and looks at me with anticipation because he knows I'm going to pick him up.  And then the disappointment sets in when he is replaced next to his toys again.

Sure do love this kiddo!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

MaryAnn said...

That boy is growing up so fast! Can't wait to meet him in a few weeks!

Jason&Shannon said...

He is looking so much older lately. I guess that ALWAYS happens with these kids, but when you aren't around them all the time the pictures seem to show a completely different phase and age. Keep 'em coming!

Mary Ann said...

Yup, he's a cutie pie!