Friday, June 28, 2013

A Radish and an Anniversary

I don't know why these photos look so weird color wise but I couldn't seem to fix it.  Whatever, they are awesome photos anyway!

We once read somewhere to plant radishes at the end of your rows of lettuce and carrots because the radishes grow more quickly and are good markers.  We let this one grow a little long though.  Look how huge that radish is!

 

Isaac thought it was awesome.  He has liked picking things from the garden this year.  I think he's starting to understand it a little.  He still just wants to water it constantly and dig in it.  But, he is two after all.

Jacob and I celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary this past week.  He took the day off and we got a babysitter for Ben and the three of us went out on the big reservoir here in town.  We rented this little fishing boat and cruised around the water.  It was beautiful weather and Isaac loved it!  We all had a really good time.
 
 
 

Isaac was timid at first and would hardly move about the boat.  But as the time went on he got much more comfortable.

Maybe, too comfortable.

We also went  for ice cream and out for dinner that night.  It was fun to have time together without the worries of usual weekend tasks.  Saturdays always seem to fill with grocery shopping and chores and we rarely have time to do these sorts of fun activities.  I'm trying to figure out how to better balance our weekends so we can explore all the fun things in our city.  There is so much family friendly, fun things to do.

I'm sure glad 4 years ago I started my family with Jacob.  He is such a good dad and husband.  He is exactly the type of person I need to balance my extremes.  We compliment each other well.  I love him!  And I love my family!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Sarah and AJ said...

That looks like a great day.

Mary Ann said...

Happy Anniversary! Fun that you shared it with Isaac. How did that radish taste?

Jason&Shannon said...

Looks like the weather was perfect for a day out on the water. Did you eat that huge radish?

Emily said...

What fun pictures! Happy belated anniversary! :) Before we had Ansley, our friends were telling us about how they have their own family super Saturday where they do fun things as a family all day Saturday once a month. It's totally a good idea.

Amanda, Curtis, Ellis, Hugh, Rhys, Graham, Sylvia said...

You have done so many good things in just four years! Wow! A beautiful family and life just full of good things to do. Finding a good rhythm and balance is always the quest, but I'm glad you've got a good partner in life for all of that. He's got a pretty amazing and wonderful partner in life, too.