Saturday, July 13, 2013

Recapping Utah - Part 1

We recently returned from a trip to Utah.  A rather successful and enjoyable trip at that.  I was really nervous about how these boys of mine would do on the drive and they were awesome!  I was so pleased.  We only had to stop twice on the way out, which was amazing.


A friend of mine gave me the idea to make these foam activity pages that fit in a cookie sheet.  They were really helpful.  He played with a couple of them on the way out for an hour or so.

I told Jacob that I always bring my camera to Utah and never remember to take pictures.  My goal this trip was to not repeat that same mistake.  I took A LOT of pictures!  A lot...

And I was trying to get a picture of Isaac checking out the Wyoming map but snapped this instead.  I thought his eyes looked really blue and beautiful in it.  Sometimes I look at him and can't believe just how adorable my little boy is.

I love a snoozing picture.  He was cross-legged and all.
Getting the picture of Ben was more difficult but I wanted to try and document both of my boys asleep at the same time.  It happens so rarely!

Looking at this picture now I think it is really adorable.  Cute sleeping babes.

We arrived Saturday but I didn't get too many pictures from our first night there.  I did get plenty of the next days though.  These cute cousins were enjoying Popsicles on the swing in the back yard.  I love the longing expression on Ben's face.  Dying to get his hands on that orange creamsicle.
 
 

Getting these three boys to all look at the camera at the same time was a challenge.  

The next day, Monday, we went to This is the Place park.  It's quite different than the last time I was there.  I mean, the monument is the same...
 

but all the activities were new.  Isaac was a plowing pro and Emily and the other Dillard cousins loved washing laundry.
 

We spent some time looking at the animals and especially the new baby calf.

And then it was pony riding time.
 

Isaac was great at first until the pony in front of us started misbehaving some and startled this pony Isaac was on.  It all worked out in the end but there was a moment of panic and wanting to get off just before the ride began.
 
 

This is me convincing him to stay on for the ride.  He was brave and enjoyed the ride in the end.


 

Later we panned for gold.   I was busy with Ben, who was sleeping in the stroller after a bottle, so I missed the gold panning and the train ride.  Isaac really enjoyed the train, not a surprise.
 
 

And later that night it was more cousin time.

See, Ben was around that day, playing on the floor, being loved by his cute cousins.
 
 

Isaac and Brinton had a good time in the sprinkler.  It was REALLY hot in Utah.  I let Isaac in the water at every opportunity.  I should have joined him.  And Ben was super sweaty all week.
 

And finally, some time drying off in the swing with Daddy.  A pleasant end to a good day.

Stay tuned for more Utah fun!

2 comments:

Jason&Shannon said...

Look at all the fun we missed! Maybe next year we do need to come to Utah for the fourth. I had clicked on the pictures, to look at them bigger and Katie came over to see them. When she saw the one of Isaac drinking his sippy in the carseat she said, "Wow, his eyes are so blue!"

MaryAnn said...

Good recap of our first few days together. It was great seeing you and your cute family!