Friday, July 26, 2013

Life Lately

This is basically a big photo dump of the past two weeks or so.  It's actually not that interesting, maybe, because we haven't "done" a ton.  But it's a snapshot into our daily goings on with these two cuties.  Busy, busy cuties they are!


Ben loves shoes.  I'm constantly telling Isaac to take his dirty shoes out of the kitchen, dining room, living room and away from Ben.  Ben also is a speedy, full fledged crawler.  He has quickly discovered all areas of our house.   He particularly loves the organ room, entry way, and kitchen.  I've been thinking of putting the gate up but I'm not sure I can use the same one I did with Isaac.  I think I need to leave more of the house open for Isaac's sake.  So now I'm on the hunt for a gate I can just put at the bottom of the stairs so I don't have to worry about crashing on stairs.
 

I was trying to get a photo of Ben sticking his tongue out, as he has been known to do, because it's adorable.  But, Isaac loves to crash our photos.  And it is pretty cute.
 

And here's that look.  He started doing this when his top teeth were coming in.  Now that they are through he doesn't make this face so much any more.  I'm glad I caught it on camera.

These two photos are a little glimpse into how I make it through the dinner prep at our house.  Isaac pulls up a chair to help "cut" whatever veggies I'm prepping.  It basically involves a small cutting board, butter knife, and eating.  In this photo it was red peppers.  And it keeps him happy.

Ben chills in the high chair.  Usually he plays with his teething toys but lately he has started on the puffs.  So that is awesome!  And it's funny that he's tugging on his ear in this picture because it wasn't two days later he was diagnosed with an ear infection.  I don't think it was that ear though.  But he had a couple of miserable nights.  Which meant miserable nights for me too.  Poor thing.  He was so sad.  And then he had the antibiotics that made his intestines less happy.  I'm so tired of poop.  And even more tired of sore, rashy bums.  I think we have turned the corner though.  Here's to hoping!

An example of how I am willing to do just about anything to entertain this two year old.  Especially if it is something that will give me 30 minutes of time without being asked to build diggers out of legos and blocks.  I love playing with Isaac but not when it's demanded of me 24/7.  I don't remember expecting constant entertainment from my mom.  Isaac just wants me by him, playing, all day long.  Of course, that isn't realistic.  So we do water activities.

This time around Ben really wanted in on the action.  And I said yes.  Sometimes I'm nice like that.
 
 

Ben is not only crawling like a champ, he is pulling up on everything.  And he's a little bit more of a climber than Isaac was at this age.  That is saying something.  Ben scares me.  I am going to be run ragged by these two.
 

But they sure are cute.  I was grilling something for dinner and paused to take some photos of these adorable children I have.

Isaac carried this wrench around all day and was "fixing" things all day long.
 
 
 

...and now I won't be doing dishes as easily.  Ben comes a crawling when he hears the dishwasher open, no matter what room he's in.  Awesome!

And there you have it.  That's what life is like for us lately.

3 comments:

MaryAnn said...

Your boys are so cute and energetic! They are going to keep you young and put your creativity to the test. Looks like you are going a good job so far of keeping them entertained.

Jason&Shannon said...

I agree with Mare's comments above. Those are some demanding kids you got there, but sure are cute and fun!

Amanda, Curtis, Ellis, Hugh, Rhys, Graham, Sylvia said...

Clever Mom, Sandy. Keep up that sense of humor and the camera handy, right? I hear you on so many of these things. I feel like I have to sneak around in the kitchen if I'm going to get anything done sometimes. You have thought of some great solutions for this stage. And I love the wrench photos. Just so great!