Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Before a Trip

Before heading to Utah this is what we were doing:

1.  Finishing up a quilt for baby Maelie.  Just in time too since she was born a day later.

I didn't really like how this quilt was coming together until I found the border and backing fabric.  It pulled everything together nicely and then I started kind of loving it.  I wish I had more free time to quilt, or that I could stay up late at night with out falling asleep or regretting it the next morning.
 

2. Playing with a sippy cup while the house was being cleaned around him.

3.  Painting on the patio with "sidewalk paint."  Isaac had a couple of friends over (The Bills girls, Jamie is my 2nd cousin and the one who took our family photos a few weeks ago) and they spent a little bit of time doing this little activity.  It was fun.
 
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

MaryAnn said...

I never saw that quilt you gave Maelie - it is super cute!

Amanda, Curtis, Ellis, Hugh, Rhys, Graham, Sylvia said...

Thanks for posting the picture of the quilt. That was the perfect color to tie it all together. It's so lovely, Sandy!

Mary Ann said...

We absolutely love the quilt for Maelie! I have no idea how you have time for anything--let alone quilting. Thanks! What is the sidewalk paint made out of?