Wednesday, September 4, 2013

More Mischief

I keep thinking that Ben is growing faster than I can keep up with.  It seems every morning I look at him he looks a little bigger and a little older.  And he's so funny.  I love watching him play.  But I realize I don't take enough pictures of him, especially just playing.  Partly because every time I get the camera out Isaac interrupts or Ben stops playing to chase the camera.  So, what can you do?

He loves pulling out all the drawers and cupboards in the kitchen.  I'm usually okay with this activity.  Especially while I'm trying to cook.


Isaac really likes stealing my camera and taking photos.  I asked him what he wanted to take pictures of and he said his toys.  So I let him.

He watches Dinosaur Train a lot and this is a picture of his "tiny place."  He would sometimes pretend to sleep in there and I'd tell him to be sure and wake up when he needed to use the bathroom.  Every 5 minutes he'd run out and say he needed to go potty.  And then he'd sort of laugh.  It was pretty cute.  

And there is the toy box itself.  I don't know why but I really kind of love this picture.

Isaac makes everything into a train.  Sometimes he lets Ben in too.  But I don't always love this particular train.  It's okay when it serves it's train purposes but when Isaac starts pulling out my tucked away kitchen gadgets this train gets shut down.

I never expected Ben to pick up things so quickly.  As you can see, he also starts pulling out the gadgets.  Mostly he does, or tries to do, everything his big brother is doing.  It's funny.

The other day I was out grilling up some chicken for dinner and Isaac was out with me.  Ben was inside with Jacob and was sad when Isaac and I went out.  I can't remember if I set him by the window or if he made his way there by himself but they sure were happy to find each other through the glass.  They both just kept waving and pounding on the glass.  So cute.
 

I think I especially loved seeing Ben get up on his tip toes to be just high enough to clear the window ledge.  Just look at those smiles.  Adorable.

Love seeing these boys become better playmates.  I see the potential despite the sometimes rough Isaac.  Ben is super forgiving.  I think they will grow into good friends.  I hope at least.

2 comments:

Jason&Shannon said...

Oh, how precious is the picture of the two brothers playing through the window! I love it, and the toy box picture too. It was always hard for me to part with the toys of my kids' preschool years (still have a few in fact). I guess I don't have enough of mom's genes.

MaryAnn said...

Very cute pictures. If your boys are like my girls, they will be good friends and good enemies all at the same time. One minute my kids are playing well together and the next minute everyone is in tears for some reason or another. Overall though, they probably get along more than they fight, which is good.