Wednesday, September 25, 2013

A Very Belated 9 Months

Oh boy!  I'm so late in posting this.  Ben is almost 10 months now and it's hard for me to remember what was new for him a month ago.  I keep thinking of all the fun things he's doing now and just can't remember.

What I do know is that he is a pure joy in our family.  So happy and easy going.


We were surprised how well he was able to sit on this little chair.  We had to catch him a few times but mostly he was pretty stable.

I just love how amused he is by simple things.  He laughs when others are laughing but also whenever he is truly entertained.  He was full belly laughing when I let he and Isaac play in the puddles from some rain.  Whenever Isaac would splash he would laugh and laugh.  So cute!  Impossible not to giggle yourself when a baby belly laughs.

He is back to sleeping through the night, mostly, now that he is not sick.  He even did great in Colorado Springs at the hotel.
 

He makes great faces and smiles and waves at everyone.

And his hair!  Oh I love his hair.  Jacob keeps saying it needs cut, and he's probably right, but I'm so worried I'll ruin it because it's so fine.  I'm too scared to try and clean it up even though his top is too long and there are some scraggly pieces by his ears.
 

He was working on a tooth (which is mostly through now) when we took this pictures.  His fingers are constantly in his mouth.
 
 
 

I love his bright blue eyes.  I'm hoping they stick around.
 
 
 
 

He was still picky about textures and eating table food but has made some progress in that department this past month.  It's now to the point that he is refusing the baby food purees.

Love this happy, smiley boy!  I'm pretty sure Isaac is still his favorite person, unless he is tired or sick.  Then he wants his mom.  He also LOVES his dad and gets so excited when he comes home for lunch and dinner.  He waves to daddy and crawls as fast as he can for a hug.

And then he fell.  The photo shoot quickly deteriorated at that point, despite Isaac's attempts to get a friendly brotherly shot.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Mary Ann said...

What a cute, big boy!

Amanda, Curtis, Ellis, Hugh, Rhys, Graham, Sylvia said...

Oh I love that picture of him looking down at his feet and grinning. And all of the others--how do you choose? You don't. You keep them all. And he is so cute in his tears being cuddled by mama.