Monday, October 7, 2013

More Simple Stuff

Jacob had his last camp out with the scouts for the year.  Due to the flooding they decided to camp someplace not in the canyon.  So they camped at this old missile silo place.  We went as a family the morning of their camp out to set up a tent and save the campsite since it was first come first serve.  Isaac was in heaven.

 
 
 

And, bonus, they had a little park.  We all had some fun there.
 
 

Love the look on this face.  So concentrated and a little strained.  Funny.
 
 

Lovin' the swings with my big boy.  He thinks he's so cool sitting in the big swing.  A few days after these photos he fell out of a big swing at the neighborhood park.  I'm not so sure he's as fond of them as he was in these photos.

And this was a big boy treat for 8 days accident free.  Too bad shortly after this treat he slipped back into loads of accidents.  I'm not sure how to keep him motivated to use the potty all the time.  But, he tells me when he's 3 he will be big enough to do it.  We'll see if it is as magical an age as he thinks it is.  I hope so!
 

I love this set of photos.  I love that Ben just wants to be as big as Isaac and do all the things his brother does.
 

Cute little diggers!  Love the dirt.
 
 
 

These boys also really love the organ.  Ben thinks he's amazing when he climbs on the peddle board and can reach the keys and play a little tune.

Remember that haircut, here's the proof.  And actually, looking at these pre-haircut photos from this post I can see he is less shaggy now.  He also looks older.  They grow so quickly!

 
 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Amanda, Curtis, Ellis, Hugh, Rhys, Graham, Sylvia said...

As much of a pain as it is, it seems like potty training with my kids has shown me some notable things about their way of learning and developing. So many days I felt like I lost it and let them down as much as I was disappointed by their performance. But those bad times have also provided opportunities for me to evaluate my approach, try again, be forgiven and grow in love.

It's too bad you can't talk about this subject as freely with others--I understand why. It's just that so many life lessons with parenting young kids are connected to bodily functions! I guess our bodies are a really big deal and its amazing to see a child grow.