Friday, October 18, 2013

Fall Colors

Oh Fall, how I love thee.

I was so excited when we woke up the other morning to enough leaves on the ground to make a nice sized pile.  Isaac was excited too.  Ben didn't know any better and then when he did know better the excitement wore off quickly.  Do all babies hate leaf piles or just mine?  I'm reminded of this gem from when Isaac was near Ben's age.


Things started out well.  Ben was happy playing with Isaac.
 

There was even a little laughter.
 

And then the melt down began.

Mostly, Ben got angry, screamed and cried a little, and then just moved out of the way.

And he crawled out of the pile EVERY time I tried to put him back in.  Oh well.  It was still fun.
 

And Isaac had a ball.  He wanted to stay out and rake all day long.  But, it's the front yard on a slightly busy street and I didn't want to stay out all day long.  Too bad for Isaac.
 
 

He wouldn't look at me at all and would rotate when I tried to move to get his face.  Silly boy.  He did have so much fun jumping and throwing leaves.  I don't blame him.  I love it too.

Yes, he is tyring to eat a leaf.  I thought he would grow out of eating foreign objects but Jacob and I are still constantly telling him to get things out of his mouth.  Frustrating.

Know what else was frustrating?  Trying to get a self portrait with the boys in it too.  Notice no Isaac.  Yeah, it didn't happen.  But I feel like I've not been in pictures with my boys lately and I would like to be.  Jacob and I are going to try and get some 3 year photos of Isaac soon so we'll see if I can get into some photos then.

I love this tree.  I also really love it when a good chunk of those leaves blow off my lawn.  Is that horrible, not so neighborly of me to say?

I also love it when these kiddos play well together.  They were playing with stickers.  I did have to keep pulling them out of Ben's mouth though.

And just look who is starting to walk.  I know it's blurry but he is not very steady on his feet.  He is getting pretty good and pretty brave.  He'll take 7 or so steps every time he is stood on his feet.  And, he's starting to let go of things and take a few steps on his own.  I've tried getting video of it several times but it is hard.  I think I may have gotten a good one today.  I'll see if I can post it later.

And here's a random picture of our dining room.  I couldn't quite capture how cool it looked with the big beautiful tree through the windows and the spooky Halloween decorations on the wall.  It was pretty.  And I love the bats.  I can't believe I've never done them before.  I've seen them all over the Internet for several years.

Happy Fall!

2 comments:

Strupp Family said...

I love the fall, too. I'm glad you put yourself in a picture :) You're all gorgeous and you're hair is so cute! All to rake leaves. Your boys are so adorable!

Amanda, Curtis, Ellis, Hugh, Rhys, Graham, Sylvia said...

Love the color of that lovely fall day. The pictures are great--nice action shots. The bats are so fun. Hugh is being a bat for Halloween this year, not to be confused with Batman. Just a bat. I'll have to show him this picture--he wants me to decorate for Halloween and I haven't done it yet. Hope your leaves blow down the street!