Monday, October 7, 2013

We're Still Here

Yep, we're still alive and kickin', just not too many photos taken and not too much blogworthy happening in our day to day life.  Just a bunch of cuteness from these two trouble makers!


My mom bought these cute shirts for the boys.  Isaac also has a red one exactly like Ben's but I really liked the matchy without exact matchy look.  I sense a Christmas photo shoot with the red and the green.

However, trying to get these two to sit still for a few pictures is pretty much impossible.
 

This is Ben's favorite spot of the whole house.  He sits and climbs on the fireplace all day long.  Mostly he's pretty safe now that he is a little more stable crawling.  He is a climber!  The other day I was doing dishes and turned to check on the boys to see Ben had climbed on the couch by way of a laundry basket.  Thanks to Isaac, Ben has realized he can turn the laundry baskets over and climb on them.  I'm in trouble.
 

Love these matchy cuties.  They also have matching colds.  Isaac hasn't seemed bothered by it but Ben is still coughing and waking up crying.  Not as often, but several times in the night.  I think they have turned the corner on it though.  I hope at least!

Yep, climbers.  This crazy kids.  Isaac is trying to reach the smarties on the fridge.  Jacob brought them home from work and we decided to use them as a potty incentive.  I'll just say it again, potty training is not for the faint of heart.  And in case you are wondering, I'm totally faint of heart.  I get so frustrated!  And he is mostly doing pretty well.  We had an accident the other day where Isaac had raced to the bathroom but missed the toilet both with pee and poo.  Not pretty.  But actually, Jacob and I were both laughing.  How can you not. His description of what happened in the missing of the toilet was priceless.  "I pulled down my pants and then I pulled down my underwear and poop just started coming out of my bum."  Too much information?  That's par for the course at our house lately.

Cleaning up the mess, less funny.  Just sayin'.  And yes, I did make him help.  Am I too mean?

These beauties were a lovely surprise.  Jacob's sister, Sarah, dropped them by our house Thursday night.  so nice of her.
 

Isaac was so glad we had a pumpkin.  He's been seeing all the houses in the neighborhood get pumpkins on their front porches and I guess has felt left out.  We won't be buying ours just yet though.

And this little cutie turned 10 months old this past weekend.  He's such a handsome little guy.  I took his official photos recently but have yet to edit them and post them.  I'll work on it.

He got a little bit of a haircut.  Can you tell?    He's also had some leaking out issues and has multiple changes of clothes every day.

Yep, these pictures were taken the same day.  Happy 10 months little dude.

Check back soon for more random photos of our day to day happenings.

1 comment:

Amanda, Curtis, Ellis, Hugh, Rhys, Graham, Sylvia said...

I finally did the first hair cut after 12 months and of course the first snips for the over the ear stuff went awry! I buckled down and did a real cut a couple of weeks later. Not great, but you gotta start somewhere. Same with potty training. Not always great--you're almost always stretched to the limits of your energy, creativity, patience, and reason. But it gets them started and they'll get through it. We all will! :)