Friday, October 18, 2013

Why Do I Even Bother

I managed to finally mop and apply a shine finish coat on my wood floors.  I hate mopping and have never put a nice finish on them since we've lived in the home.  It needed to be done.  And the floors look good.

But then an hour later this is what was happening.

 

The "playdough" is in fact gold fish crackers, or crumbs as the case may be.
 

Ben and Isaac were covered in the crushed up goodness.  It was everywhere.

Why do I bother cleaning at all?  I guess it did sweep up pretty easily and the boys were content enough in the making of the crumbs I was able to get the dishes done without little helpers.  So, I guess there is always a silver lining.

4 comments:

Jason&Shannon said...

At least they weren't taking a screw driver to the floors AND were using a silpat mat! Always busy busy busy. Which means you are too!

MaryAnn said...

I often wonder why I bother cleaning as well and my kids are a lot older than yours. I keep thinking they should be getting old enough to not make such a mess all the time but no luck yet. They are getting slightly better at cleaning up after themselves though, so maybe there is hope. I love the pictures of the fall colors. I miss fall. We have been having unusually cool weather though so it has felt like fall here, just no fall colors.

Mary Ann said...

I totally hear ya! Hannah spilled her entire bowl of crushed up Ramen noodles all over the floor the other day. Fortunately, Scott was home to clean them up. :) Cute Fall pictures of your boys!

Amanda, Curtis, Ellis, Hugh, Rhys, Graham, Sylvia said...

There's nothing like really cleaning something to make you feel more uptight about it getting messy again. I have a theory that when we clean up and create orderly negative space, the kids feel drawn to that and want to create in it. The days when they follow you from clean room to clean room enjoying each room and messing it up again after you have cleaned are always so fun! You are so right about the silver lining, though. It's all good for them. And those pictures are priceless!