Sunday, December 1, 2013

An Interview with the Bishop

I need to write down this funny story before I forget.  I've been forgetting so many of the funny things Isaac's been saying lately and that is sad to me.  But this one is certainly a keeper.

We had tithing settlement today.

The interview began with the Bishop asking Isaac how old he was and how nursery was going.  Isaac explained that he is 3 and is big so he will go to primary soon.  But not until nursery is done.

The Bishop then reminded Isaac that his wife is one of Isaac's nursery leaders to which Isaac responded "She is maybe 16 or 4."  The Bishop chuckled and said he'd pass that compliment on to his wife.  Then he asked Isaac what he had done in nursery that day.  Isaac discussed snack time and playing with toys.

At that point it seemed the Bishop was done chatting with Isaac and was going to move on in the conversation.

Isaac had other ideas.  He decided it was his turn to ask the Bishop some questions.  So he said "How did you do in Sacrament meeting."  The Bishop was a little taken aback and then said he thought he had listened pretty well and behaved rather reverently.

Jacob and I were laughing.  Then I told Isaac that he would surely know if the Bishop was misbehaving in Sacrament meeting because he sits on the stand and can be seen by the whole congregation.

Having a 3 year old makes things a lot more fun!  Even tithing settlement.

2 comments:

MaryAnn said...

Love it! And the turkey shirts. And the cute boys in the turkey shirts. I'm mean - I give my kids cold showers when I know that they should be able to make it to the potty and are still having accidents. It worked well with Megan and Lauren, they only had 2 or 3 cold showers and the accidents stopped. Emily had a lot and it really did not work for her. Positive reinforcement worked better with her. Good luck!

Mary Ann said...

Hilarious!