Monday, December 16, 2013

Baby to Toddler

I just still can't believe this guys is a year old.  Where did that year go?!?  He was such an easy infant that at times I think he has actually gotten harder and it's gotten more difficult to have two kids.  And sort of not at the same time.  He is much more able to play and does a pretty good job at playing independently.  He went through a really needy stretch recently, but seems to be a little better this week.

The other day I was walking back from the mailbox with Isaac and Ben in tow.  Isaac was marching through the snow a few paces ahead of me and Ben was walking beside me slowly while I was holding his hand.  I looked at Isaac and then at Ben and thought how strange it was to have these two boys.  It felt so weird to have a toddler and a pre-schooler and to think of myself as being as old as I actually am.  Anyway.  On with the 1 year old pictures and a few things about Ben.


Look at those chompers.  He is working on 4 molars that caught me by surprised because I was looking for his second set of teeth on the top.  Still haven't seen them but I've definitely seen the upper molars and can tell the lower gums are swollen.  I do think the second set of  upper teeth are on their way too.  No wonder he is more clingy, that must be miserable.
 

This Ben just doesn't stay still.  He is all about climbing on these chairs lately, and then often right on to the table.  

He loves to play with Isaac.  Whatever toys Isaac is playing with, Ben wants, and vice versa.  He also really likes to read.  He has finally gotten to the point where he will cuddle up on my lap and sit contently through a few books.  I like that.

He's actually pretty good at these shapes too.  

Ben is starting to talk quite a bit more.  I'm not sure anyone else would understand it but Jacob and I do.  His newest words are touch down and hot chocolate.  Jacob started singing and dancing to the Polar Express son "hot chocolate" and the kids LOVED it.  They were laughing and dancing too.  When he stopped Ben said "hot chocolate" and started bouncing in my arms.  It was so funny.  I'm sure he's got a few other new words but I can't remember them right now.

He's sleeping pretty well at night but recently started waking up earlier than I would like.  I'll deal with his sleep disturbances after Christmas.  I don't have the patience or desire to do any crying it out or other training right now.  Maybe I'll be more inclined after the holidays are done.


And here is the collage of all the monthly photos.  Kinda glad I did this but also glad it's done.  I'll have to come up with a new way to make sure I'm taking enough pictures of these kiddos though.  Definitely click on it to make it bigger.


We all love Ben. Jacob and I love how cuddly and loving Ben is.  Isaac loves having a play mate.  They are so cute together.  They play pretty well together lately.  We've also been putting Ben on Isaac's bed with Isaac while we read stories and say prayers at bedtime.  They are so funny playing with each other and snuggling together on the bed.  It's adorable.  I'm sure when we eventually move them into the same room there will be all kinds of shenanigans.  I can't imagine our life without little Ben in it.  He is such fun and brings a calm (usually) to our home that I greatly needed.

Happy Birthday again Ben!

2 comments:

Mary Ann said...

What a cute little one-year-old! I love the pictures of him and of you all decorating and gingerbread making. You are so fun and festive! I bet your boys hardly notice your frustration because they are having so much fun.

Jason&Shannon said...

I love the collage. I am sure at times it was difficult to keep up with, a month can creep up so quickly. (like those monthly newsletters I have to write for primary). He changed a lot in this last month. You can see he is an older boy and not so much a baby in these 1 year photos. My he is a handsome little guy! Ready to see what a daughter of yours would look like. Here is hoping you decide to have another and that it is a girl!