Monday, December 30, 2013

Pre-Christmas Randomness

My mom bought us all these really great star "names of Christ" ornaments and I asked her to send mine out early because I was hoping to have a wreath to put them on for my front door.  You may or may not remember that my front door gets wicked hot when the sun beats down on it.  Especially because I have a storm door trapping in all the heat.  I've had problems with wreaths before but I guess I just still keep trying anyway.  I bought a tree branch evergreen wreath the day after Thanksgiving at Lowes that I thought would be awesome.  I put the ornaments on it and hung it with a red ribbon from the door.  It looked very festive, fresh and I loved it.  Then, the next day or two I started smelling something weird.  Turns out the sun was scorching my live wreath.  The needles were crispy and the evergreen was less green and more brown.

So I took it down, took off the ornaments and thought I'd buy a fake green wreath instead.  Good idea, right?  I thought so too...but alas...


Again I smelled something a little funny to discover that my wreath was melting. Definitely NOT so pretty.

After this I gave up on a wreath and have settled on putting jingle bells on the door instead.

My mom made this really cute sweater for Ben.  He loves it.  But maybe a little too much.  I'm worried he's going to stretch it out and ruin it.  But this day I did stop and take some really cute pictures of it.
 

Also, when he crawls around on the couch this is what his hair does.  Every time.  And I love it every time.

I guess I know my kids have reached toddler hood for sure when they empty all the lids out of this particular drawer and take a seat.  I have a very similar pictures of Isaac doing the same thing.
 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jason&Shannon said...

I have a wreath made of jingle bells...that would maybe work for your door. I love the crawling on the couch hair too! Cute toddler.