Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Late Fall or Early Winter?

I'm having a hard time deciding if it's winter or still fall.  The snow is almost all melted, so that's something, but the weather still feels pretty chilly to me.  We also have turkey's in the windows...so maybe it is fall still.


Ben's hand above, Isaac's hand below.



These boys sure had a riot playing in all the snow.  They tried clearing off the back porch with their sand shovels and sand buckets.  At least until they pulled their gloves off.  Then it wasn't so fun anymore.  It was pretty cold after all.



I saw online people making candied cranberries.  I do love cranberries.  So I figured I'd give them a try.  The boys loved helping and coating the cranberries in sugar.  


The candied cranberries were beautiful.  Such a fun deep red with sparkling sugar crystals.  They were pretty good too.  I don't know if I'd make them again, but they were interesting.




The other day I let the boys build with marshmallows and toothpicks.  They thought that was awesome.  Isaac made a rather clever hot air balloon.




Ben mostly just at a bunch of marshmallows.  I guess he also built a little bit.


We recently bought a new freezer.  The boys also recently got a new house.  It has been well loved.  I've played with Ben in there.  He drove me to costco for grapes and boots (neither of which we've ever actually bought at costco.  But I'm glad he knows we love costco.), to the Temple, and to the park.  Over and over and over.  It was adorable.


We also tried to have a movie night the other day.  Isaac still doesn't do well with movies.  He gets too scared at any conflict or suspense.  The sharks in finding Nemo proved to be too much.  Jacob and I had even talked to him about the movie and assured him it all turns out okay in the end but he just can't watch.  We turned it off about 30 minutes into it.  Poor boy.  He really wants to watch them and tries so hard to be brave.  It was a fun night just the same.  We ate candy and popped popcorn.  The boys loved it.


No comments: