Sunday, November 16, 2014

Released and Called

I was released today from my calling as a counselor in the Relief Society presidency.  I'm a little sad. I have loved serving with Carol (the President), Jeni (the other counselor) and Linda (secretary).  Carol's husband was called into the bishopric three weeks ago so we knew our release would be coming soon, and I was okay with it.  We've been serving almost 3 years and were getting into a good groove so I'm sure it was time to be moving on anyway.  Isn't that how it goes, just as you get the hang of something it's on to some new challenge?  And I really am glad to be released but I just can't help feeling a little sadness at not being in close association with those good women any more.  They have helped me to be better in so many ways.  Hopefully I can carry those lessons with me as I move on to primary.

I was called to teach in primary.  I'm a little sad about that right now too.  I don't want to be done in Relief Society all together.  But I'm also sure I'll grow to love primary.  It's all new to me.  I think I'm much more at home serving in Relief Society.  It will be a stretch for me.  And I'm really sad I won't see the new Presidency working together.  The new presidency is full of really good women.  Women I have admired and I know I will miss learning from them in our Sunday meetings.

So, there you go.  Just needed to vent it all somewhere for a minute.

2 comments:

MaryAnn said...

Hum - I am just the opposite - totally at home in Primary and really would not want to serve in Relief Society - especially in the presidency.

Amanda, Curtis, Ellis, Hugh, Rhys, Graham, Sylvia said...

The change is always a little hard, and I think it's good to vent a little to acknowledge that. I was likewise called to be a counselor in our RS presidency three years ago and last week I was also released. I wasn't feeling like it was quite the right time to be released but I was willing to go along with that and be ready for what was next. What was next was being called right back into the RS Presidency again, still as the second counselor. A surprise, but it feels right for now. I do miss Primary, though, and love being there. It is hard to miss some of the sisterhood that happens on Sundays in RS meetings, but I hope you find opportunities to bond with the adults serving in Primary.