Monday, November 3, 2014

Shout Hooray!

Isaac had a birthday, shout hooray!  He is totally pleased to be 4.  He keeps saying "I'm a big 4-year old."  And he is.  I think (though I've said it before) we have really turned the corner on potty training.  He can ride a bike without training wheels.  He is starting to read and write.  He is still as curious about all things as ever and asks a million questions a day.  He also seems to retain a lot of knowledge.  He loves primary and our little home "preschool."  He wants to be able to climb trees and do monkey bars and tries his darnedest at both things.  He is mostly kind with Ben and I love watching him include him in his imaginative play.  They had a tea party (but with pretend hot cocoa because "we don't drink tea") this morning and a sleep over in the living room.  He is funny and loves to tell jokes.  Isaac really is a ball of energy and we sure love him!

A few days before his birthday we took a few photos.



He can't sit still for pictures these days.  He always has something in his mouth or he's dancing.



Even standing he's still reaching for a ball behind him.  Silly boy!









And then on his actual birthday we had the traditional "birthday snake."  He loved all the little trinkets he gathered throughout the day.



He asked for a cake that had trains and cars and airplanes and sugar things like Matt's.  He remembered me decorating a cake while his cousin Matt was visiting and has wanted his to be just like that ever since.  I convinced him that we should only aim for one vehicle and then we could do the sugar candies too.  He settled on a plane.  I think this cake is so ugly...but he loved it.  I tried writing the words on top while the airplane hardened in the freezer.  I thought I had the size of the plane accurate in my mind...guess not.  Oh well.  It was still a hit.



He opened gifts and cards from family.



He loved the remote control car from his Carter grandparents and the sleeping bag from his Brunson grandparents.  He also loves the bigger bike we bought for him.  Somehow the pictures I took of the bike didn't get uploaded...oh well. 







A little singing and a little cake and ice cream and that made for a pretty perfect day for this "big 4 year old boy!"


1 comment:

Jason&Shannon said...

Love the dancing picture of Isaac. He is a big 4 year old.