Thursday, November 6, 2014

This is Halloween...

We had a really fun Halloween this year.  The whole family dressed up.  We've never done that.  But when I asked Isaac what he wanted to be this year and he said "R2D2" the vision was born.  

We had the cutes little Yoda anyone ever saw.



And a pretty rockin' R2D2.




We also decorated some pumpkins.  Ben painted his.  He kept eating the paint.  What is that all about?  He hasn't died yet so he must not have ingested too much.  :)



This was Isaac's face when we told him we wanted him to pull the guts out of the pumpkin.  He was not terribly thrilled with that idea.



Look at that face!  He came around to it.  He did a pretty good job cleaning it out but I did have to help some.


He and Jacob both stick their tongues out while intently working on something.  Funny.


Also funny, Jacob saw online using beaters in a drill to clean out your pumpkin.  He said it worked okay.  I opted for the old fashioned way on my pumpkin.

And here we are in all our Star Wars glory.  Pretty good, eh?  My mom helped with all the costumes so I owe her a big thanks.  She helped me figure out the Leia dress and altering the shirt for Han Solo.



On Halloween Isaac and I made green slime, thanks to Birthday kits from Aunt Sarah.


And these pictures are primarily for Shannon.  I told he what I was making for dinner and she said I should take some pictures so I did.  I made string cheese fingers, apple monster mouths.



Spider and mummy cookies.


And 7 layer spider web dip.



And of course there was trick or treating.  Man did these boys love that.  I kept asking if they thought they had enough candy.  At one point Isaac said "Yes, I have enough candy but I'm not ready to be done."  We went with some friends in the ward and they weren't done either.  So we took Ben home and did a little bit more.


Jacob stayed home and lit up our pumpkin tree and passed out candy.  I do love me some Halloween!  Now we are just eating way too much candy at this house...we bought way too much!

3 comments:

Jason&Shannon said...

Those mummy cookies are stinking cute, though not as cute as your Yoda and R2D2. I want to eat the spider web 7 layer dip right now, that looks yummy. Good job, you fun mom you!

Robinson Family said...

Great costumes!!!

MaryAnn said...

Love the costumes and your Halloween dinner is so cute!