Saturday, January 7, 2017

A Cousin Sleepover and then some

We were so excited to have our cousin/niece Riley stay with us for a few days while her parents were house hunting out of state.  They are moving at the first of the year and we are sad to see them all go.  We had a fun cousin sleepover.  We had a movie night and watched the Charlie Brown Christmas movie. 


And then, these pictures are totally out of order.  After Riley left on Sunday I made peanut brittle.  It must be getting to be Christmas!



And Nora read a book.  I love how she picks up books and finds her little corners for reading.


One night the boys made a tent/fort.  It was pretty good but easily fell apart.  Later Dad and Mom helped them make it a little more sturdy.  And Nora loved being a part of it.


While Riley was with us we put up the Christmas tree.  I always love talking about our annual ornaments and this year the kids got to explain them to Riley as we hung them up.  





Tree skirt or Ben skirt?  Silly kiddo.  I remember doing the exact same thing as a kid.


And my handy helpers posed for a picture or two in front of the finished tree.




Nora liked peanut brittle too.  Nothing feels more like Christmas than sucking on a peanut brittle spoon.  Good memories for me!  And I hope memories that will last for my littles too.  Sometimes when I think of the things my kids will remember about their childhood I'm worried it will be lots of yelling from me and nagging about cleaning.  I hope not though.  I hope they remember me laughing with them and baking with them and all the other million good things I do.  Somehow the few negative things seem to stick with me more.  Ugh...


No comments: