Friday, January 6, 2017

Birthday for Ben

Right before Ben's Birthday Isaac got to bring their stuffed bear from kindergarten home for a week.  We took a few pictures to put in the journal for the bear.  He got to meet our Christmas stuffed animals.  


Nora also loves our Christmas stuffed animals.  


And Ben's  not one to be left out.  


On to celebrating!  These kids are so lucky to have a Dad who wakes up and make them special birthday breakfasts.  They love their breakfast cake.



And tradition number 2 is the Birthday snake.  Ben wanted to cruise through each section.  It was a challenge trying to get him to space it out throughout the day.  I love his looks of excitement though.




I also love his trying to hold up 4 fingers for his 4th birthday.  He wanted a cake that was just like Isaac's.  We ended up making a small cake for him and cupcakes with the leftover batter.  It worked out.



I let him put the letters for his name on the cake.  he wanted it to say Ben B.  And so it does.



Ben was so nice to let Nora help him unwrap.  We have a rule about only the Birthday person opening presents allowed on the quilt.  But Nora doesn't get it and Ben was nice enough to say "It's okay.  I'll let her help."



Ben got a new sleeping bag from his Brunson grandparents.  He was also nice enough to share turns with both siblings.



Jacob and I bought him cars he was begging for weeks for.  He saw them at Costco and I tried and tried to tell him we have a ton of cars already that no one plays with.  He was determined he would have those cars.  So I bought them.  He played with them not even one day and then said, "Nora can have them.  I'm done with them."  Ugh!  So frustrating.



But he sure is cute blowing out candles on his cake.



Happy Birthday Ben!  I love his little voice and the way he says some words not quite right.  I love how easy going he is (though he's starting to get a little more feisty with his siblings) and how good he is to Nora.  She loves Ben and he loves her.  But I think he still likes Isaac best of all.  He loves playing with Isaac and is happy to do whatever it is that Isaac wants to do, most of the time.  Ben does not like to be alone.  He wants to be with someone when he plays outside or in the basement especially.  I hear him say a few times a week, "Isaac won't do _______ with me and I don't like to be alone."  He is still my pickiest eater but loves his candy and sweets.  

He doesn't like to hug or kiss much anymore but still likes to cuddle in my lap now and then.  I miss his hugs and kisses.  Stop growing you little stinkers!  But grow up quicker!  Oh I hate the dilemma!



No comments: