Monday, January 9, 2017

Brunson Grandparents Visit


We were so lucky to have a visit from Jacob's parents the week before Christmas.  They were coming to see their grand kids, especially Sarah's family, since Sarah and family are moving soon.  We will be sad to not have cousins living near by.  It was so fun having Grandma and Grandpa visit!  I wish they could come more often.

The kids loved painting rocks to mark trails in Grandma and Grandpa's forest.  They were so cute!


The kids also loved playing with the Christmas train that goes under our Christmas tree.




Playing with the regular train was also fun.





We also took the opportunity to visit Santa.  Oh boy were the kids funny.  Nora didn't cry, which is totally strange since she cries if I give her to anyone else.  She stared at Santa with such curiosity.  So funny!





Aunt Sarah is always so good to have a craft ready.  This time it was painting ceramic Christmas ornaments.








And of course, pictures in front of a lighted tree are always must haves.



And the last night with Grandma and Grandpa was filled with gift exchanging.  I should have swapped lenses for the one that allows for a little more close range photos.  Too bad. 





Nora loved her new outfit.  She wanted to immediately put them on and Grandpa thought that was hilarious.


I really am blessed with pretty great in-laws!  I'm so glad they got to know these kids at this age and stage a little better.  That is certainly the downside of living far away from family.  I wish they could know my kids more and that my kids could know their grandparents more too.  Makes the visits all that more important I guess.  Thanks for coming!

No comments: