Monday, January 30, 2017

New Things

I'm jumping out of order a little bit to explain the delay in getting caught up on December and January happenings.

In the middle of December Jacob began the interviewing process with a company called Nortek out in Lehi.  He had several phone interviews within a few days of submitting his resume.  And things continued to progress quickly.  They scheduled an interview in Lehi for the first available time after the Holidays were over.

Jacob flew to Utah the second week in January and came home with a job offer he wanted to accept and a house we were possibly interested in.  Things haven't slowed from there.

We quickly began boxing things in our house to get it ready to sell, met with a realtor, and got our house on the market within about a week and a half time frame.  We also made an offer on that home in Utah that Jacob liked.  I had my sister and dad look through it too.  It was a little weird making an offer on a home that I hadn't seen myself but it seemed like the best thing to do.  Our offer was accepted the same day we made it.

We planned a trip out to Utah the first weekend our house in Fort Collins was officially on the market.  I looked at the house in Utah and liked it enough to proceed with the contract.  It's a great neighborhood and we are all excited about being closer to family.

While we were in Utah our home was shown at least 10 different times.  We got our first offer on the house the day it went live for listing.  Crazy.  We came home to get one more offer the following Monday.

So, I have been busy with all of this and have failed to document the happenings in our lives.  That little recap will have to do for now.

But I will say this.  I know that things have moved so quickly and smoothly because Heavenly Father wants them to.  Throughout this process my prayers have been a plea for decisions to be clear and I think they all have been.  It truly has been a great blessing and I am grateful to a loving Heavenly Father who leads us to where we need to be.

Get ready Utah, the Brunsons are coming!

2 comments:

Amanda, Curtis, Ellis, Hugh, Rhys, Graham, Sylvia said...

Sandy, this is a great recap of exciting news. I'm glad for all these developments that you feel happy about. I'm sure it will be hard to leave the relationships and traditions you've created in Colorado but you'll be taking all the important things with you. And though our lives will be busy, we'll now have the opportunity to see each other once in a while!

BRANDON AND NICOLE said...

Congrats! Hard to believe you're moving back to Utah after so long in Colorado! I hope you're kind of settled now, and to hear more news...hope to see you this summer.