Wednesday, September 10, 2008

One of the best things about the fall...


I love the fall for oh so many reasons and one of those are all the new tv shows. I usually get really excited about the premieres and have my schedule all printed out. I am usually very up to date on all the spoilers and have thoroughly researched critics opinions and all. I am typically very prepared.

This year I haven't done any of these things. It's weird really. I only know the premier date of The Office. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing. I'm not sure if this means I am growing as a person or if I am just too busy to care about things I used to. I'm pretty sure it's a little bit of growth or at least a change in priorities. It also might have a little something to do with the fact that I don't have cable at my new apartment. And it doesn't look like we are going to get it any time soon.

I have kind of enjoyed the freedom of not having television. I still watch many things, but they are more thought out and less mindless surfing. I have netflix and I watch some shows online. But both of those things take some effort and require forethought. I find that I only make time to watch those things I truly care about.

I'm not sure that I have become more productive or anything with my increased free time. I think I just found other ways of wasting time. Perhaps to experience true character growth I should substitute more productive uses of my time for the television viewing. Hmmm...something to think about.

What new or returning shows are you excited about?

10 comments:

jacob said...

Fall TV Preview on Yahoo

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

You left out one factor...note the previous commentor. My view, less tv, more blogging. At least blogging is not as invasive and usually more clean.

jared and mary 2 said...

I've decided that I'm not going to add any new shows anymore, so I'm only looking forward to the return of shows I've been watching. In no particular order.

The Office
My Name is Earl
Heroes
Chuck
The Big Bang Theory

And of course Mythbusters is already back, but I love it too. I'm not sure how excited I am about Smallville and Sarah Connor Chronicles. Both are in danger of getting dropped if they don't impress early.

Lynda/Mom said...

The election, of course. It's only once in four years, but I mostly check out the blogs and listen to the radio. How boring is that!

Laura Stringham said...

Ya, we don't have cable either since one day Brent tried to move the TV and screwed up our connection. He then canceled it citing "saving money" as his reasoning. Whatever.
I don't watch hardly any TV (and I am also very much anticipating the return of the The Office) so now I just waste time on the internet instead. It's not an improvement. I want cable back.

A Day in the Life said...

Ugh. I look forward to the stupid smut of Grey's Anatomy. I hate that I like it. It reminds me of all those people who rush home to watch All My Children or something. However, I do have DVR, and I HARDLY EVER watch a show without first recording it (to skip commercials). Therefore, no rushing home. I also am becoming a fast fan of The Office. I never was before, whenever I watched pieces of it, it seemed too documentary-like. But now that my little sister has forced me to endure through more than one episode--I love it. And I will have too many things to DVR on Thursday's.

Anonymous said...

How I Met Your Mother, Pushing Daisies, The Office, and Heroes.

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

Muskrats aren't cute, bummer. Any suggestions for a new name? I am just not creative.

Christy said...

I'm a reality TV fanatic...like Survivor and Amazing Race. I don't know why, but I love them!

D. said...

The Biggest Loser starts tonight!!! But mostly the office, I've already re-watched all of season 4. You're to blame!