Monday, September 22, 2008

Rumors

Have you ever seen the Mormon ad that depicts gossip as tar? I heard a rumor about myself this evening and followed that tar trail back to it's origins, and had a few laughs along the way. So, because I have such a good sense of humor about it all, here is the juice...


I went to Family Home Evening tonight and found out that I was buying a house with Jacob. That's right folks...I am officially ward gossip. Jacob and are are actually NOT buying a house together, but it's nice to know we are being discussed...maybe.

One of our friends in the ward (we'll call him S) mentioned he heard we were house shopping together (which, by the way, is not untrue but a little misleading as Jacob is looking to buy a house and I just happened to be with him one day) and then S told Jacob all about hearing the rumor. S said he didn't believe the gossip, but I think he's probably spreading it just the same. It turns out he probably heard this little rumor from another friend, we'll call her K. K heard this juicy morsel from ANOTHER friend we'll call L. L was well intentioned in her discussion with K but things do tend to become misconstrued.

So to squelch any further rumors...
1. Jacob and I are not buying a house together
2. We are not engaged
3. We are not getting married in October, or before the end of the year for that matter

The moral of this tale: don't believe everything you hear.


8 comments:

Lynda/Mom said...

Such a shame!! It would have been fun true, but then it wouldn't have been a rumor. Just continue to keep us posted with the real story. BTW, Charles Barron Stringham entered the world today weighing in at 7 lbs. 4 oz., 19 1/2 inches long, 3 p.m. Mother and son are doing fine, along with dad and sisters. Grandma is pretty tired. Aunt Lynda

MaryAnn said...

Sandy - that is a funny story. I love how things spread - especially in the singles ward. It seems like that is a hot bed for gossip - at least the ones I was in always were.

John L. Carter said...

Um, I guess the only question left unanswered is this, when you were "house hunting" with Jacob did you ever give advice while thinking, "cus I might be living here someday"???

Megan Campbell Carter said...

I second John's comment and Aunt Lynda's. Funny, but couldn't at least some of it be true. ;)

Strupp Family said...

I'm with John. Buying a house is a big deal--so if he wants your opinion, that must be saying something. I think there's a lot you're not telling us..or me. It seems to me you know that you're not getting married by the end of the year (I wouldn't count it out, by the way) but does this also mean your getting married at the beginning of next? Otherwise, why would you be so sure about not THIS year? :)

Man, I do love to hear about your life. Keep us (if not us...me) posted. Talk to you later!

Anonymous said...

House hunting is so fun! I can't even browse because it makes me sad. Maybe in a few years.

D. said...

LOL! That's all I have to say...and you did have that goal for October of '08. Hmmm...

The Smiths said...

That is hilarious! Seriously, I had a good laugh! John hit it right on the money, though. What advice DID you give Jacob? I am also intrigued my Kim's comment. Elaborate off of that, Sand. Inquiring minds want to know. . . :) Love ya, Girl!