Monday, September 1, 2008

Rocky Mountain High

So...I might be a mountain snob. I took a little trip up to Rocky Mountain National Park with Lori, Heather and Jacob and really enjoyed my day. But I found myself constantly comparing the Colorado Rockies with my good old Provo Canyon Utah goodness. I'm pretty sure there were a couple of moments when Lori was going to pull over and kick me out of the car because I couldn't be "in the moment." I was too busy missing Utah.

Don't get me wrong...the mountains are lovely. And I was able to enjoy the scenery and had a great time with great people.

I think the only thing missing from the day was a little John Denver.


Sunset approaching

Me, Lori and Heather...directionally challenged...


Heather is pensive


I was freezing...so cold up near the top of the Rockies!

Lori...strike a pose, vogue


Heather, me and Lori


Heather smelling for vanilla in the pine tree...silly Heather!


My boyfriend (is that official enough Mare) Jacob and I- he had just made a terrible joke about Brittney Spears and I am laughing. Not the most attractive picture, maybe, but what can ya do?


Heather, Lori and I

They really are such beautiful, enormous mountains. It's hard to capture in a picture just how big they are.

Heather and I

3 comments:

MaryAnn said...

Looks very beautiful. At least you have mountains - real mountains that is not the piles of rocks that people around here call mountains. And, yes, that was official enough for me. Thanks.

Lynda/Mom said...

Totally different mountains!! I love Rocky Mountain National Park, but it is not cuddly and friendly like some of the Utah canyons and mountains. You can like them both in different ways. Cute pictures!!

Amanda, Curtis, Ellis, Hugh, Rhys, Graham, Sylvia said...

I think that picture of you and Jacob is GREAT! You look so lovely, Sand, even and especially in the middle of a laugh.

And the other photos of the scenery are breathtaking. If I were there I'd sing a chorus or two with you.