Monday, November 10, 2008

For Shannon


Which are you more grateful for?

Ghiredelli or Guittard? Guittard.

Morning or Evening? Evening. I love staying up late. I love the stars. I love getting off work. And most of all I love dusk and a good sunset.

Bagels or muffins? Muffins, and now thanks to Shae I am craving a Mimi's Cafe honey bran muffin.

Computers or Cell Phones? Computers

Cotton or Polyester? Cotton. Definitely cotton.

Tennis or Bowling? Bowling though I am no good at either.

TV or Radio? Television. A time sucker for sure but one I am grateful for.

Military or Police Force? Military, maybe just because I feel a little more connected through Jason.

Electricity or Plumbing? Hmmm...this is tough but I think I side with Shannon...plumbing.

Spiders or Snakes? Snakes. I like snakes, well most snakes. Not that I want them creeping all over my house or anything. But, I hate spiders.

Elementary teachers or high school teachers? High School. Maybe just because I was more relaxed in high school and learned to appreciate learning for learning's sake.

Books or Magazines? Books. I wish I was more well read. It's a goal really. And occasionally I will go to the book store and pick up a few classics just to have on hand. I am currently in between books so I'm asking for feedback on which of the unread novels on my bookshelf I should pick up first. The Poisonwood Bible, The Count of Monte Cristo, Great Expectations, or The Picture of Dorian Gray?

Money or Time? Time. I wish I had more of it and I wish what I did have I used more effectively.

Pumpkin or Pecan pie? No to Pumpkin. And absolutely yes to Pecan.

Summer or Winter? Winter. Though that is changing as I have greater difficulty staying warm. Not sure what that is all about. I pretty much have to have a jacket with me all the time. Even in the summer.

Sewing machine or Washing machine? Sewing machine. I get the day off tomorrow (I know it's strange) and I intend on working on a quilt that I started a few months ago. Really I intend on finishing piecing it all together.

Board games or card games? Ewww....this is hard. But I think I have to say boardgames as my favorite games continue to be of that variety (clue, Chinese checkers) but I also really love a good card game. I'm just a gamer in general.

Mountain or Beach? Mountains, no question. And it turns our I really prefer the Utah mountains. I appreciate others but I LOVE Provo Canyon.

Spring or Fall? Fall. I love everything about it!

Christmas or Thanksgiving? Christmas. I love the spirit that comes with the holiday and I love having time to reflect on the birth of Christ. I also love all the family traditions. I find myself becoming very excited about it all. The excitement doesn't usually hit until after Thanksgiving for me but this year I have outside influences (read: Jacob) that are promoting early Christmas excitement.

Blogging or Facebook? Blogging. Who would have thought? Though a good Facebook stalking session is always a good time.

Chili's or Applebees? No doubt about it, Chili's. Especially since Applebees got rid of their sizzling Caramel apple pie. It was the only thing worth eating on the menu.

Carpet or Hardwood? Carpet. I'm not sure why. Maybe because I haven't really lived with hardwood.

Dishwasher or Microwave? Totally the dishwasher. I hate doing dishes.

Boston or Las Vegas? Boston.

Ballet or Baseball? Baseball.

Mashed potatoes or Candied yams? Mashed potatoes. I don't care for candied yams. I eat the obligatory tablespoon full each Thanksgiving to see if my tastes have changed, but they haven't.

Milk or Juice? Milk...not to drink because that is a big no in my book. But I do love milk products. Especially ice cream. I've been known to say that in Heaven I think I will be able to eat ice cream for every meal with no negative consequences. I love ice cream!

Lincoln or Washington? Lincoln. Did you know he was 6' 4"? I have always had a bit of a fascination with Abraham Lincoln. I did a report on him in the 5th or 6th grade. I have a bunch of his speeches that I intend to read. And I used to have the Gettysburg address memorized.

Homemade or Store bought? Homemade!

Shannon: From the blog you want to copy, highlight the text. Right click and then click copy. Open your blog and paste the copied text in your new post. Hope that helps! And thanks for the fun list...I love 'em!

4 comments:

MaryAnn said...

Read the Count of Monte Cristo. Don't you know that is my favorite book ever!! It is wonderful - I love it. If I had any time to read, I would pull it off my bookshelf and start it again tonight.

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

Thanks for playing my little game! I have only read Count of Monte Cristo. Hopefully Janet reads your blog, as she probably has read all those books and is better informed. Count of Monte Cristo is good, but I don't remember loving it like MaryAnn does. However, I was in high school. Thanks also for the instructions, next time I will refer to them if I am trying to copy someone's list. Later.

Mandie Green said...

Hey Sandy. I got the link to your blog off of Christy's page. I am a little biased to Great Expectations, but that is because Charles Dickens is my all time favorite author. (A bit long-winded but a great story teller) If you haven't read a Tale of Two Cities yet, you should add it to your reading list.
I hear you about Provo Canyon. I am so homesick for Utah it's sad. Something about seeing Mt. Timpanogos lets me know I am home.

sarimose said...

Oscar Wilde is one of my favorite writers ever, so i would have to encourage you to read The Picture of Dorian Gray.... fascinating idea with the great wit and insight of Mr. Wilde... LOVE him!