Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A 3 Stage Process

So, Jacob and I decided we wanted to make gingerbread houses. It seems that in years past when making gingerbread houses it was not as labor intensive as it was this year. This year it took 3 days. I have pictures of day 2 and 3 but not day 1. And you won't get to see the pictures until you play my game.

Here are a couple of pictures of the final products...





The game is to guess which is the house that Jacob built and which is the house I built. I'll post the rest of the pictures later on.

Moral of the story though, this was a good time! I really enjoyed listening to Christmas music, watching some Christmas movies, and building some houses with Jacob. I enjoy that Jacob is excited about Christmas (even if it was a little premature) and I am glad he comes up with fun ways for us to spend some time together and get to know each other just a little better. He's pretty great!

And, Jacob, I would appreciate if you don't play my little game since you already know the answer...

7 comments:

jacob said...

Do I get a prize if I guess right?

Harmony said...

They both look great! I think I would have eaten most of it while watching the movie! I'll go out on a limb and say yours is the one with the marshmallow stars :)

Heather said...

Ok, My guess is yours, Sandy's, is the one on the left, without the stars and trees. Am I right?! So, What do I win?!!!!

Grammyzanne said...

I had to click on the picture to get a better look at the houses. Assuming Sandy has had more experience with a tube of frosting (or a caulking gun) I'm going to say Sandy's is the one on the left with the pretzel roof. Of course, Jacob could have spent lots of time caulking windows, bathtubs etc. and that tube of frosting was a natural in his hands and I'm way off the track. They are both wonderful. I've got a mold for a chocolate house I'm going to try this year.

Strupp Family said...

All things considered, I think yours is the one with the trees--on the right. The only reason I thought this was because I didn't know if guys were detail oriented enough to come up with landscaping. No offense, Jacob. I'm sure you're very detail-oriented. But since I don't know you, I'm going to assume :) that Sandy had the landscaping idea.

Jenny R said...

Have to guess the one on the left but I have no idea why I thought that!! Gut instinct?????

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

Your's is the Nilla Wafer roof, definately, no question about it. Am I right?