Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A Change of Attitude

I am kind of a poorie.

For those unfamiliar with that term, it is frequently used by my family to describe a poor sport. A sore loser. Someone who can't play nicely with others.

And I am one of those today.

I am supposed to be leaving for Utah for my Christmas vacation and should be feeling all kinds of giddy. But, as much as I love the snow, I must admit that today it has done me wrong. My flight is already delayed and I wasn't scheduled to depart until 9:35 as it is. And I am definitely not happy about it.

Yep, I am a poorie. I need a change of attitude and I need it quick.

I guess I should take Jacob's advice and just be grateful I am still scheduled to fly at all. I should be appreciative that my flight hasn't been totally canceled. (Sorry about the game Jake).

I am excited about Christmas and look forward to the time with my family because they are amazing! And I am excited to introduce Jacob to them all. I am also excited that I won't be at work for the rest of the week.

Okay...this is helping a little.

And because I have been told posts without pictures don't get looked at, I will add the most recent of Jacob and I. We were downtown looking at the lights and saw that the city of Fort Collins apparently does not turn their fountain off. It's nicely frozen over. It was a frigid evening! But lovely just the same.

Enjoy! And thank you for joining me in my little pity party. I think I will be okay.

6 comments:

Barbara said...

Cute picture. BTW, I look at blogs that don't have pictures. Hope your flight comes soon--looking forward to seeing you. Be safe!!

MaryAnn said...

Hey, you will still be there before us. We should be arriving around 4 or 5 pm. See you tomorrow!

Emily said...

Hope you make it safely! I'm glad Jacob's going with you. :)

Grammyzanne said...

Assume flight did leave the airport and arrived in SLC. You shuld have a wonderful holiday. Merry Christmas

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

I uderstand the dissappointment, as it didn't work out as you expected. However, at least you did get home and you do have snow! I sometimes wish I could say the same.

Lynda/Mom said...

Sorry I missed Jacob, but it was fun to see you and your family for a few minutes. Glad you made it safely from Denver. Looks like the return trip should be a little easier weatherwise. Aunt Lynda