Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Let It Snow

I am so pleased right now. And here are the reasons why:

1. It snowed today. Big, fluffy flakes falling on and off all day. And it's supposed to continue on tomorrow! I am a firm believer that if it is going to be cold in December and January it also better be snowing.

2. My roommate, Heather, and I put up Christmas decorations this evening with the Muppet Christmas Carol on in the background. I love it! Both the decorations and the movie. I really love Christmas movies and may just make a list of favorites at a later date.

Okay, maybe there are just two reasons.

There is a third thing weighing heavily on my mind though...I will be turning 29...rounding the corner to 30. When, I ask you, did I get to be this old? It's not right. And I'm pretty sure turning 29 is going to be more difficult for me than turning 30. I may be weird, but I think having a year to think about the impending 30 will be more difficult than just actually being 30. Maybe...

10 comments:

Lynda/Mom said...

I don't necessarily miss the snow, but I worry about the drought. Sorry about that. Love the Christmas decorations and other Christmas stuff. I'm behind the times with Christmas this year. Maybe I'll get into it.

Lynda/Mom said...

Oh, and on turning 30, I think you are right. Twenty-nine is harder. Thirty just whizzes past and it's OK--at least that was my experience. Aunt L.

Barbara said...

Brace yourself!! If you're hitting 30, you're on the verge of middle age!! :) I just had a conversation with your mother this evening, and she was talking about how difficult it is for her children to move into "middle age." I was a little surprised that she considers 30 middle age, and she pointed out that average life expectancy is around 72, which make 36 middle age!! Good point. Welcome to middle age :)

Sandy Brunson said...

Woah...not yet. 29 is far from 36.

Mary Ann said...

Happy Birthday, Sandy! I couldn't agree more that if it's going to be cold, it might as well snow. I also agree with you Sandy that 29 IS NOT middle-aged! You're still just a babe. :) But I must say that the anticipation of turning 30was much worse for me than actually turning 30. My advice--try not to think about it for about 11 more months...

MaryAnn said...

I decided it would be easier to turn 30 if I was pregnant - hence, Megan. It did make 30 seem like nothing because I was so preoccupied with being pregnant. I guess that will only work for your if you are married by then...
Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Strupp Family said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Oh, and I think 72 can only be average if you're the average person--smoking, drinking, unhealthy, etc. Otherwise 72 is young. So middle aged should be 45...for you.

Jenny R said...

It is just a number, Sandy. :) Thirty never bothered me, neither did 29. And right now 36 is not so bad either. Life is life, no matter how old you are - age is only important for things like a driver's license or voting!!!

Harmony said...

Sandy, I was so excited to see a comment from you on my blog!! As for me, I look forward to being 30. Then people may stop telling me I'm too young to have two kids! :)

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

Now I am having mixed feelings about reading your blog (though I do like your new background)...snow...how I miss that fluffy stuff. Christmas and winter just don't feel right without some snow. As for the age...I think 30 is still young (there are those in college that are still working on their undergraduate and are 30...they were the "old" ones that we all avoided, but they were there). The only 40 year old were those that were returning to college after raising their families. That is why my 35 years is way more depressing than a mere 30. So, good luck. Just plan a trip or wedding or buy a house/new car. Something to stop you from thinking about it. Great advice from a Dave Ramsey listener.