Sunday, April 19, 2009

Cry Myself to Sleep

I just finished playing some games with Jacob. I lost every single one. (This does not bode well for the upcoming pente tournament). I told Jacob I was going to cry myself to sleep tonight because of all the losing. I really dislike losing.

But oddly enough, I am not at all in the mood to shed tears. Quite the opposite in fact. I am so happy. I can't stop smiling thinking of him laughing at my pathetic loses. I would lose to him every game we played, if I had to, just to spend time with him. (I'm glad I can win one occasionally though). And I know I am sappy but I can't help it. I love Jacob. My least favorite time of the day is when we return to our respective homes to retire for the evening. I don't know how I am going to manage 69 more days of it.

Okay, of course I will be fine, but I don't like it.

I'm also not sure when I turned into such a cheese ball or became so dramatic. I guess being engaged has changed me in more ways than I expected.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy feeling happy to lose in games to your beloved. That will probably dissipate and you'll end up threatening bodily harm at the gloating...not that I know anything about that. ;)

Strupp Family said...

Turning into a cheeseball/becoming dramatic happens when you're in love :) Enjoy it while it lasts (not to say you won't be in love, you definitely WILL be after marriage, but the dramatic part starts to go away after awhile of marriage) :) I'm so happy for you. You'll love it.

Kathy said...

That is love, baby! Those 69 days will go by faster than you think. Enjoy the moments you have!

Laura Stringham said...

you are totally sappy, but it makes me smile to think of you so happy. live it up and be as sappy as you want, you're engaged, that's what it's for!

Merilee said...

But everyone loves cheese.

And I'm glad you agree with my skank definition. I was confused there for a little while.

joanna said...

Having to say goodnight was always the hardest part for me when we were engaged. I still find it hard to go to bed unless Joseph comes too, 12 years later!

Harmony said...

hahaha don't worry, after you've been married for a little while you'll regain your competitive spirit! :)

Mary Ann said...

It's definitely rare that any of the Carters dare to show their cheesey side, but I appreciate it every once in awhile. :) Yeah, going separate ways at night is one of the hardest parts of being engaged. You will survive!