Friday, April 10, 2009

Promptings at 4:30 AM

Okay, so I'm not really sure if I can call what happened this morning "promptings" but it was something.

Jacob and I were planning on driving to Utah this weekend to spend some time with my family and work on some wedding arrangements. We had been discussing driving conditions and weather forecasts before I headed to sleep last night and apparently it all was fresh on my mind when I woke at 4:30 am. And when I say woke I mean wide eyed, brain racing, no chance of sleeping again, woke. I was restless and could not get the thought out of my head that driving would be a poor idea. Again, not sure if promptings or delusions of a semi-conscious state of mind is the more appropriate way to describe any thoughts that may be happening at 4:30 am. Regardless...it was unsettling and I could not get back to sleep.

So, since I was wide awake, I decided I would turn on the lap top and check into flights. I was pleased to find some pretty decent deals for last minute arrangements. I made the decision to call Jacob first thing before heading to work. (He should be thrilled I didn't call him at 5:30 like I so wanted to.) As I had settled on the thought of flying I was finally able to fall back asleep...at least for about a half hour before I had to get up and get going for work.

I am pleased to report that Jacob and I decided to fly. And I am ecstatic that we will not have to worry about terrible road conditions in Wyoming. (I distinctly remember a trip to visit Shannon in Cheyenne one April that was the worst driving experience ever. And I wasn't even driving.) And I am also very pleased we will get to spend a little more time with my family and a lot less time actually traveling.

And did I mention the peace of mind. Yeah, totally worth every penny.

2 comments:

Lynda/Mom said...

Good for you, Sandy. Sorry I will miss you this weekend. I hope you have a great time with your family, and that you find a dress!

Grammyzanne said...

Hope your weekend was great. Having just completed the road trip from San Antonio to Salt Lake City and back, I would rather spend time with family than the road.