Saturday, April 25, 2009

Picnic and a Movie

Jacob and I spent our first night together in the new home. Okay, that is probably a little deceptive. We did spend some time together in the new home, but not like we "spent the night."

We celebrated home ownership by having a picnic in the living room followed by a movie projected on the wall. And then after the movie we discussed plans for moving in and decorating and just had fun being in our own home.


And then we both went back to our apartments.

It will be fun to begin moving things in to the house and start putting it all together. I think we are slowly going to move car loads over and then we have a UHaul scheduled for Thursday to move the rest of the bigger items. Should be a fun, busy week.

And in case anyone is concerned, those are bottles of root beer in the picture...nothing sketchy I swear.

6 comments:

Merilee said...

Fantastic! Already decorating are we? I've got to say, decorating has never been something I was good at when it comes to living arrangements.

I would love to have a bunch of murals on my walls. Love that. Anyway, way to have some good clean fun with the man of your dreams

Austin's Mommy said...

Yeah! So exciting! Have fun making it your own.

Strupp Family said...

I was less concerned about the root beer bottles and more concerned about "spending the night". Good thing you explained yourself :) Just kidding.

How exciting. Congrats on the new house and paint something red already.

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

I didn't realize you had already closed on the home. Sounds like a fun time and hope you enjoy moving and packing, as I know you do!

Grammyzanne said...

Lots of work ahead of you but the fun and excitment of establishing your first home together should make it seem less like drudgery. Enjoy - and take lots of pictures.

Megan Campbell Carter said...

YAY! FUN! John and I did that too the day we got the keys! It looks fun! We'll be looking forward to coming to visit!