Monday, April 13, 2009

A Trip to Utah

I just wanted to give a little update on my trip to Utah.

First things first, I am so glad we flew. It would have been a nightmare driving and I would have been really tired. I was tired enough with only spending an hour on the plane.

Second. I already miss my family. Those nieces and nephews of mine are too adorable. I guess I also miss my siblings and parents. I sometimes forget just how funny my family is. Seriously. We Carters are a good time. I think maybe the highlight was introducing a few new-comers to "the candy game." It's a game we used to play when we were much, much younger but it turns out it is still fun even for folks in their 20s and 30s. Maybe it was fun because we are in our 20s and 30s

Third. It was really good to spend some time with some of the cousins and other extended family at the Easter party. While I do like keeping in touch with you all through blogs and such, it was much more fun to see you all in person.

Fourth. I found a wedding dress and hired a photographer. I am so pleased to have those things that were hanging over me taken care of. And I must admit, the dress is lovely. I'm debating if I want people to know what it looks like or not. I could link to the website of the place that sells it but I'm not sure I want you all to see it on a model that is half my size. I also have some pictures of me trying it on but they aren't the best. So...I think you all will have to live in suspense (you know you are) and just see it when I wear it on June 26th.

And Fifth. I was very pleased that Jacob got to meet the rest of my family. It was also very enjoyable watching him interact with my nieces and nephews. I do love that Jacob!

Happy Easter!

6 comments:

Strupp Family said...

I cannot wait in suspense, so you should just email me the link or the pictures. BTW, when are you sending out invitations? Because I need to plan my summer around your wedding :) Hopefully...you see, we are moving and closing on a practice the week before your wedding...but I'm still going to try and make it.

Amanda, Curtis, Ellis, Hugh, Rhys, Graham, Sylvia said...

Good work on taking care of those important details. I can't wait to see pictures. What a great time of year to get married! I wish I could see you there. I'll get home one week too late!

Anyway, sounds like a great visit, Sand. Glad you followed those promptings. :)

Austin's Mommy said...

Congrats on making such progress towards your wedding day. The hardest prep part is over. What a relief.

Lynda/Mom said...

I'm so glad you found a dress!! That is a real task. Can't wait to see you and finally meet Jacob. Aunt Lynda

Leslie said...

Good work on finding a dress. And thanks for organizing the Easter party. It was good to see you all.

Merilee said...

Hurrah on finding a dress. I'm sure that takes some of the stress off. Also, happy Easter with that family of yours. Every day is better with family. Unless you've been with them for too long, then whammo.

Hooray for family time anyway. I love you Sandy Carter! Mer