Friday, January 1, 2010

Ringing in 2010

Happy New Year!

Jacob and I celebrated the New Year in a rather low key sort of way. We were marveling at how we can stay up to midnight most days of the week and not think anything of it. But on the one day we are trying to stay up to see the New Year in, it seems like so late. Strange.

We started are evening with a dinner by candlelight. I made a cheese ball, salsa dip, taquitos and crackers and cheese. Jacob made a pumpkin roll. We ate all night long and probably way too much! But that's what New Years is all about for me. Well, I'm pretty sure all holidays are all about the food :) ...

We spent the evening playing games and watching some TV. We played the new game I bought Jacob for Christmas, Lost Cities. He won. It was a pretty fun game. We also played Battleship, a classic for sure. I won. It was also a pretty fun game.



And then when midnight came we popped a bottle of sparkling grape juice and toasted to the New Year.

I think 2010 will be full of good things for this Brunson family.

9 comments:

MaryAnn said...

Looks much more festive then our New Year's celebration. I played a few games with the kids, put them to bed at their regular time, read a book while Tim watched a movie and went to bed at 10 pm. Happy New Year!

Dennis Carter said...

We had more food than you could ever possibly consume although I did grill twice as much shrimp as last year and still ran out! We were engaged in a rollicking game of Evolution when the new year rolled in. No TV for us! I understand from some Facebook posts that Dick Clark should have hung it up before this year.

Jason&Shannon said...

I love your snowman dishes! When did you buy them? I don't remember ever seeing them before. Sounds like a good time of games and food...a lovely combination in my book!

Mary Ann said...

Happy New Year! I love the candles, but I especially love Jacob's tongue hanging out while he concentrates on cutting that pumpkin roll. :)

Laura Stringham said...

mmmmm. pumpkin roll.
how come i have no problem staying up till midnight on any average day, but on new years i just want to go to sleep? looks like you guys had a fun celebration.

Kelli said...

Well Sandy, I envy you and your new years' night. I was sleeping and Allen was working. sigh...

Lynda/Mom said...

I'm glad somebody celebrated to make up for my lack thereof. Maybe sometime I'll party again. That food looks very good. I got sick and lost a little weight this last week, so I have been trying to keep it going. I guess it's a good thing I wasn't at your place! Aunt Lynda

Lynda/Mom said...

P.S. Did those candle holders come from Costco? I bought some for friends, etc., and planned to keep one for myself, but ended up giving them all away. They are lovely! Aunt Lynda

Amanda, Curtis, Ellis, Hugh, Rhys, Graham, Sylvia said...

Sandy, it's been so good to take a few minutes to read about your holidays. I love all your pictures. You have such a lovely home and such a great sense of style. I am impressed with Jacob, he is a good homemaker and you guys seem to work well as a team. I'm glad he's taking care of you, because you are worthy of all that! And you're amazing. You did all your holiday stuff and on top of that it sounds like you are satisfied with your efforts. Happy new year, to you!