Sunday, February 28, 2010

Friday Date Night

Friday was "Carnival Day!" At least according to my calendar.



So Jacob and I had a date night in. We played several carnival games that I found on the Internet and some that were a little 'old school.'

First up: Tic-Tac-Toss.


I lost 3 games out of four. But I still had a good time playing.

Next on the list was the classic donut on a string game. I guess I sort of lost that one too because Jacob finished his donut first. But he did have a head start since I was taking some photos first.



Then came a bean game. The object of this game was to move as many beans from one plate to the next using a straw and no hands. Basically that meant suctioning beans to the straw. And basically it resulted in a lot of lightheadedness.

We ended the evening with a classic cake walk. Jacob won again but I sort of think I was a winner because I still got a piece of cake.

It was a good time overall.

And for those who have been keeping track, yes, I have been a bit of a slacker this month on the calendar holidays. I missed a couple in Vegas but I'm not sure they were important ones, things like "love you pet day, and be humble day." I guess I've decided I'm okay with not being 100% in my celebrations.

7 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Looks like fun! I've never even tried to eat a doughnut on a string. I should put that on my bucket list...

Nicole said...

Totally no offense intended here. Just a simple observation. I think it's kinda funny that be humble day is one of the not so important ones, and carnival day got a whole blog post to itself. ;) Where are your priorities there Sand? ;) Hehe! Seriously, I am totally kidding around. I can see how one could take this comment and get upset, but you know me. ;) (Notice 3 winks in this comment) Love ya!

Lynda/Mom said...

One special day a week seems like a lot to me. You are doing a bang up job! Aunt Lynda

Unknown said...

This looks like fun, I am thinking that would great for my kids or for a birthday party! Thanks!

D. said...

You're weird. I'm lucky if we celebrate the real ho;idays

Jason&Shannon said...

Yeah, I agree with Aunt Lynda...Carvivel Day took enough planning and preparation to count as three anyway. Fun.

Kelli said...

You guys look like so much fun. I wish we lived near you to join in all of these celebrations!