Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Passing Quickly By

The past two weeks have picked up a little at work. And I am grateful. It's good to be busy again.

But I find that it zaps my energy for some of the other things that I have enjoyed doing lately. So now I have half finished craft projects lying around my house (along with all the other clutter I can't seem to muster the energy to take care of), a pile of laundry that needs done (it will become desperate in a few days), and two days I should have celebrated but didn't.

Monday was Fly A Kite Day and I can assure you when I rolled into my garage at 8 pm, with snow covered ground, it was the last thing I wanted to think about or do. We barely managed to get a decent FHE in.

And today is Umbrella Day. I did try to find a little way to celebrate by buying those cute little umbrellas to put in our beverages for dinner (I also was going to make a slushy beverage), but again, I ran late at work and we were feeding the missionaries so I only had time to stop at one store and WalMart let me down. So no Umbrella celebrations will be had at our house.

I did manage to get some visiting teaching in last night. And it was good. I have a new companion and new ladies to visit and I am really enjoying getting to know them and learn from their life experiences. I like getting to know new people.

I'm also very much looking forward to next week with Presidents Day on Monday and a trip to Vegas coming up.

I just hope I can get everything on "my to do" list done! Especially the laundry. That could get awkward.

3 comments:

Amanda, Curtis, Ellis, Hugh, Rhys, Graham, Sylvia said...

Your life is full of good "to do" things, Sand. A good life.

I know how you feel about life getting busy. I was going along swimmingly last month at my project of knitting a teddy bear and almost finished, and now I find myself a few weeks later not having touched it. Just other things to work on and worry about, I guess.

Laundry is one thing I always like to tackle, because when a whole load of it is off the floor and into the machine it feels like I've done so much, but in fact it really required very little effort compared to other things.

Good luck with it all. The holiday will be sweet.

Jason&Shannon said...

Oh well, at least you tried to get some umbrellas. You still could have danced to Singing in the Rain. Jason is out shoveling snow, again. The airport nearest us has had 72" of snow for the year. Granted, we are probably not that high, but that is a lot of snow! Enjoy sunny Vegas!

MaryAnn said...

I don't blame you for not wanting to go fly a kite in the snow - that holiday should be celebrated in the spring. This week Vegas is suppose to be in the 60's all week long. Hopefully the good weather will still be here when you come visit.