Monday, February 15, 2010

President's Day of Craftiness

I had today off.

I celebrated President's Day by finishing a few projects that were hanging around.

1. Finally hung the pretty sweet cork board I crafted with some fabric and mod podge (the idea was from this website.)

LOVE IT!

2. Finished the baby quilt for my new niece Emily. Now, I'm no professional quilter so this is not perfection. It was my first time machine quilting other than "stitch in the ditch" and I thank Lori for letting me use her nifty machine. It was pretty intense but I like the way it turned out. I wish I had done better figuring when doing the measurements for the quilt. It's a little smaller than I would have liked. But, overall I am pleased.




Mare, hope you don't mind seeing it online before you see it in person! :)

13 comments:

Nicole said...

Sandy! That quilt is beautiful!! Wow! That is amazing. I wish that I could do that...maybe someday I will. You are inspiring me. :) Good job!

Emily said...

The fabric modge podge board looks great but I am most impressed with that quilt! Wowie!

MaryAnn said...

No, I don't mind. It looks really cute. I am looking forward to your arrival on Friday - I need a nap!

Unknown said...

You are very crafty indeed. That quilt turned out awesome, I am sure it will be loved.

Kathy said...

I LOVE the quilt! You did a great job!

Lynda/Mom said...

I'll comment here on all three posts. I can't believe how much fun you guys have together. The Valentine's commemoration is impressive. The quilt it lovely--I'm sure it will be appreciated. And the flowers are lovely and the bulletin board well done. Thanks for sharing. Aunt Lynda

Jason&Shannon said...

You have been busy! Way to be fun and cool and friendly! Sounds like a wonderful weekend as newlyweds. Love you!

Anonymous said...

That quilt is beautiful!

Strupp Family said...

You are amazing. But I always knew this! Do you think if I spent more time with you that you would rub off on me?

Grammyzanne said...

You did an amazing job piecing that quilt!

Your bulletin board fabric is familiar - it is the same fabric my 2nd counselor used to make journals for all the sisters in RS.

Mary Ann said...

Way to be productive on your day off! I'm impressed!

Lilit said...

I can only ohh and ahhh at that quilt!
I need a craft buddy to make all these projects in my mind, I wish we lived closer!

Desirae said...

That is a really cute quilt!