Thursday, July 12, 2012

The Big Reveal

We had our 20 week ultrasound yesterday.  We haven't heard officially from the doctor yet, but the ultrasound tech said the placenta had moved away from the cervix as we had hoped would happen.  I guess it's still sitting pretty low and I don't know how that will impact things.  I'm hoping to hear from the Dr tomorrow that I can be off rest and free to lift and exercise as I please.  I guess I could do with a few more weeks of Jacob having to vacuum though.  :)



If you are thinking this picture looks familiar you are right.  The baby was basically doing the same hand sucking it was at 14 weeks.  Maybe we'll have a kid who will nurse well and take a pacifier, both things Isaac lacked.

And, in case you are wondering, this little cutie is not the GIRL I thought it would be.  We are having another BOY!!!  And I am excited about it.  I think Isaac will love having a brother to play with and I will love that all the same clothes, blankets and such will fit at the exact right season.  

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Boys are a lot of fun - I am a little bias! :) I hope to see some of those cute baby things you have pinned . . .

MaryAnn said...

Congrats! I think it will be fun for you to have two boys so close together. I'm sure they will enjoy it. Hopefully things will be a little easier with the rest of your pregnancy and you will be able to return to normal activities.

Sarah and AJ said...

Yeah! Two boys are really fun. You are lucky that they are the same season. I did not have that happen and it was annoying. Nothing like realizing your newborn doesn't have any pants in the middle of winter. At least now we are prepared for any kind of weather.

Isaac is going to have so much fun... in a year or two. :)

Mary Ann said...

Congrats! I'm sure 2 boys will be a lot of fun. And I'm so glad things are looking better with the placenta situation.

Kelli said...

Congrats! And you know what? Girls are overrated. I've got two of them now and from what I've seen so far, they're way harder than boys. Plus, you won't have to spend tons of money buying new clothes!

Megan Campbell Carter said...

So fun! My 5 nephews each love having a brother close to their age...also John totally forgot to tell me..punk. Glad to hear things are looking better and hopefully you can get back to normal soon!

Emily said...

Aww! What a cute little boy! Congrats! Hope you'll be able to move around a bit more soon.

Jason&Shannon said...

Little Sammy looks so cute with his hand in his mouth. Hope to hear soon some finality as far as the placenta is concerned. Love all of ya!

Janel said...

Oh, congrats! How exciting! I hope that things go well for you and baby boy.