Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A Full Day To Myself

I love random holidays that my employment decides to acknowledge.

Enter Veterans Day.

I have the day off tomorrow and I've spent all night trying to decide what to do with my time.

I have a house in desperate need of cleaning. A basement bedroom that requires wallpaper removal, patching walls, retexturing and painting. I have a Relief Society lesson to prepare for Sunday. I have laundry that needs folded, cooking that could be done, and hair that could use a good cut.

But I think I'll probably start the day with a good dose of sleeping in, lazing about, blog reading, and possibly tv watching. I might even go to a movie alone. I could also see myself getting a little crafty with some holiday decor in the works.

I'm so torn between the "to do" list and some good old fashioned lazy, relaxing, "me" time.

What's a girl to do?!?

Especially when I have no one to share my time with. 'Cuz who gets Veteran's Day off?
Except you, Scott.

6 comments:

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

And Jason, being military!

MaryAnn said...

Tim doesn't get the day off, but his sister Audra does and she is taking my kids today - so I guess I get the day off too. Yipee!

Kelli said...

It's always a toss-up between using your time wisely and finally getting a break to do nothing. Maybe you'll get in a good mix of both. :) Enjoy your day!

Mary Ann said...

I say, enjoy your "me time." Last night I was like a little kid before Christmas--so excited to get to spend today with Scott. He wasn't quite as excited. He knows I always have an agenda. But don't feel too bad for him--he's still sleeping right now...

The Proctors said...

I say, enjoy the "lazy" you time! Who knows how often that will come around!

Merilee said...

I was wondering about all the flags around town.

I certainly didn't get work off.