Sunday, November 1, 2009

Carving Pumpkins

Jacob and I carved pumpkins on Thursday night. I was meaning to post about it that evening but never got around to uploading the pictures.

Here are the facts:

I picked my pumpkin thinking it was kinda cool with all the warts and slightly green skin.
Slightly green skin turns out to be an indication of a really unripe pumpkin.
Unripe pumpkins have REALLY hard exteriors.
Jacob's pumpkin was perfectly ripe and soft-skinned.
Jacob loves power tools.
The mess of pumpkin carving is expounded when power tools are involved.

Here are the photos:



The finished products:

2 comments:

Dennis Carter said...

Hmm, never thought of using power tools to carve pumpkins. Looks like fun. I'll have to try that next year.

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

That is funny. I think I would've just bought another pumpkin rather than have that struggle. Actually, I might have just opted to paint it, though I do like to stick a candle in a carved pumpkin and watch it glow.