Wednesday, November 11, 2009

What I Did Today

So after much deliberation, I decided to spend this day off doing whatever I felt like doing.

Jacob laughed at me a little for still getting up when he was leaving for work at about 8:30 but little does he know I went back to sleep after he left. Not for much longer, but a little. It was very nice to sleep until 9:15.

I then proceeded to waste some time surfing the Internet and watching some tv on HULU. I ended up spending the next few hours removing the stubborn wallpaper border downstairs. I was pleased that with a little DIF the wallpaper seems to be coming off. It's still taking the majority of the texture and sometimes dry wall with it, but I'll take what I can get. It will be an adventure trying to repair that section and trying to match the existing texture. I love a project!

It was then my pleasure to spend a couple of hours catching up with a friend who was in town visiting after returning from her mission to Japan. Christina always had the best stories and turns out that held true for her mission! So fun hearing her adventures.

I was also productive in finishing my visiting teaching for the month and grocery shopping with Jacob (a 44% savings at King Soopers tonight with coupons and such). We also scored some Chex cereal at Albertsons for pretty stinkin' cheap.

And Wednesday night is always reserved for a little vegging in front of the TV watching some GLEE. I won't whole-heartedly endorse the show, but I do enjoy it. I mean, come on, it's a tv musical dramadey! I love any show that incorporates some good tunes. I folded some laundry while watching the show so it wasn't a total waste of time.

I just finished loading the dishwasher and doing a little meal planning for the next few days. Shannon commented that I hadn't shared our meal plan in awhile and I told her that was because I hadn't been doing a very good job of planning. So this is for Shannon...

1. Split Pea Soup
2. Homemade pizza
3. Breakfast - eggs, bacon, whatev
4. Spinach Feta Crepes
5. Chicken Stuffing Casserole
6. Salad bar
7. Bean and Potato soup
8. Cream of Veggie soup
9. London Broil
10. Lemon Chicken Pasta
11. Pork Roast
12. Shepherd's Pie

Now the challenge for you all is to guess which meals Jacob contributed to the list and which were my ideas. If you can figure it out I would be pretty impressed.

And now I'm pretty ready to call it a night. It's a shame that I have to work a very full day tomorrow...I liked my day off.

8 comments:

Grammyzanne said...

Sounds like a most productive day.

scott said...

I think your meal ideas where split pea soup, crepes, salad bar, bean and pot. soup, cream of viggie soup, and maybe lemon cicken pasta. Mostly I am just guessing what we Carters grew up eating, maybe split pea soup isn't your idea we all hated it. By the I slept in on my day off, none of this 9:15 nonsense, try 12:15! A little excessive to be sure!

Amanda, Curtis, Ellis, Hugh, Rhys, Graham, Sylvia said...

Hey, I just made shepherd's pie. I'd love to see how you make the spinach feta crepes. Mmmm.

That sounds like such a great day, Sandy. Nice job.

We probably wouldn't enjoy the "off" time we get as much if we didn't have other obligations the rest of the time. But still, even when I like my job I never love the idea of getting out the door to go to work.

Austin's Mommy said...

You're a cutie, Sandy. That's all I have to say.

Merilee said...

Wow, I guess meal planning is for rookies who actually want to eat different stuff every night.

I usually end up eating fajitas or enchiladas lately. It would be wise to put some planning into it.

Harmony said...

I want your recipe for cream of veggie soup. :)

Harmony said...

Please.

Jason&Shannon said...

So, I am a bit late in guessing, but here goes. I guess all the soups were your input, plus the Veggie crepes and the homemade pizza. That is my best guess. Thanks for putting the menu on your blog again.