Thursday, February 12, 2009

A Little Preoccupied

I find myself at work today very preoccupied with things completely unrelated to the job at hand.

I have a running list of all the things I need to do to prepare for my trip to Oregon tomorrow that continues to play over in my head. The list is also accompanied by thoughts of meeting Jacob's parents and the extreme amount of pressure I feel to impress...all the while knowing I am far from impressive.

I woke up this morning, long before my alarm, with the pressure and list racing through my thoughts.

But...I am really excited to spend time with Jacob and his family. It will be fun to see him on his home turf. Plus, I'm pretty excited to cross two states off my list as I have never been to Oregon or Washington and hope to step foot in both. I am especially looking forward to hiking to some waterfalls and visiting the coast. The coast trip, I am told, will also include a visit to the Tillamook cheese factory and a light house tour. Both of which I find extremely exciting.

So, despite the neverending list and pressure, it should prove to be a good time.

11 comments:

MaryAnn said...

Have fun! The Columbia River basin in beautiful! I'm sure you will enjoy it. Don't feel so much pressure - I'm sure that Jacob's parents will like you just the way you are - and you are quite impressive!

Megan Campbell Carter said...

Lucky! Tillamook cheese is my favorite. Maybe John and I will have to check that out if our cruise leaves from close by..I'm very willing to spend extra time vacationing up there.

Mary Ann said...

Good luck! Have fun! Be yourself! You are FANTASTIC!!

Emily said...

Whatever Sandy you are totally impressive! Your trip sounds like a lot of fun!

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

You may not read this before you leave...but come on Sandy. Everyone who meets you loves you! You need to relax and not freak! Love and MISS you.

Barbara said...

I agree, the Columbia River Gorge is incredible. I have such fond memories of Portland--I used to live there, you know. And I agree with everyone else--be yourself and enjoy Jacob's family. All will be fine.

Austin's Mommy said...

Ease up on yourself, Sandy. You're awesome. They won't be able to help but love you.

Lynda/Mom said...

Oh, you don't have to impress anyone, Sandy. But I agree anticipating such an experience can be stressful. I'll be looking forward to the follow-up report. Jacob is so lucky to have someone like you to take home to the folks. Aunt Lynda

Grammyzanne said...

His folks may very well be as nervous as you! My guess is his mom has a to-do list she is losing sleep over also. Have a GREAT trip. Looking forward to your report.

Strupp Family said...

You're the best. When I took you home to my parents, they thought you were the best thing since sliced bread :)

Anyway, once I went to the Tillamook cheese factory with my dad--it's the thing I remember most about our trip down the Oregon Coast. Have fun!

The Smiths said...

Ooooh, you'll have to fill us in on the details! :)