Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Not My Brightest Moment



A few days ago the check engine light came on again in my car. I'm not really pleased about it but I don't have time to deal with it this week. But tonight things went from bad to worse.

I went to leave Jacob's house and tried to unlock my car with the keyless entry button. Turns out it is not working. I had a moment of panic. My thought process was this...

"Oh no! I can't unlock my car. What am I going to do? Oh wait, moron, use the key and unlock the door."

Yep...I was almost one of those people who can't remember how to unlock a car without the convenience of the little button. Ridiculous.

Plus...I hope is an easy fix. I am way to spoiled.

6 comments:

Lynda/Mom said...

Love it!! I can totally relate, and I'm proud of you for figuring it out so quickly. Aunt Lynda

Grammyzanne said...

One of those "Duh!" moments. Thanks for sharing a smile.

Christy said...

Sandy, reading your blog always makes me laugh. We need to have lunch next time you are in Utah.

Harmony said...

hehehe Your blog always makes me smile :)

Janet said...

Gotta love/hate those moments. I have a few too many of them myself.

Barbara said...

I got a panicked call from Lilit last evening saying she had locked her key in her car and her remote opener wouldn't work--what to do, what to do??? They had no spare key, and she was stuck at Costco with a bunch of stuff she had just bought and no way to get home. She lives within easy walking distance of home from Costco, but not carrying tons of stuff, and she didn't want to leave to car there either. She finally got her keyless entry thing to work--while she wat talking with me--but she was really stumped there for a little while. I guess it takes something like this to make us remember to do things like get spare keys, check batteries, etc. Glad you had an easy solution.