Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Reacquainting Myself with Some Past Pleasures

Fort Collins has been experiencing some warmer weather the past few days and I have taken advantage of it! I remember now how much I prefer to jog outside. It has been difficult getting to the gym the past couple of weeks but with the return of the sun I have find myself excited about jogging again. I went jogging yesterday afternoon (I might have left work a little early) and then again tonight with my roommate. I really enjoyed it both days but especially tonight. It just felt good. It's a shame the weather is supposed to get cold again this weekend. Maybe, while the weather holds, I can work up enough momentum that getting to the gym will be a little more easy though.


This is an old photo of the Freedom Run 5K in July.

I have also taken the opportunity to rekindle my love for the television show ED. It only ran four seasons and you can't get them on DVD. I recorded them on VHS when the show aired on TBS but just brought them all home with me over Christmas. It is really, really enjoyable. So incredibly funny. It definitely makes my top ten TV shows of all times.

3 comments:

MaryAnn said...

I also enjoy exercising outside much more than in a gym. I don't run, but I have been taking advantage of the nice weather in Vegas by going on walks. Sure beats a treadmill.

jacob said...

I have been reacquainting myself with a past pain. A pain in the neck. I'm not sure what it is from, but I hope it goes away fast.

Lynda/Mom said...

And I have no excuse--the weather in Vegas has been gorgeous the past couple of weeks. Still, I have not been able to force myself outside for a spin around the block. Maybe I can take some inspiration from your success. Aunt Lynda