Thursday, October 20, 2011

Can I Get An Amen?!

Welcome to a collection of random things I want to remember about my cute Isaac. It seems like this past week he has just exploded with doing new things.
He keeps catching me off guard with what he is learning and doing.
Tonight, for instance, after we were done blessing the food at dinner Jacob said "Amen." And then from Isaac we hear a loud "AHHH... MEEEHHH." And then he repeated it several times because it got quite the reaction from Jacob and I. We were both staring at him because he's never said that before, or much of anything really, and then we both started laughing.
And speaking of laughing, Isaac has become a social laugher. Anytime anyone is laughing Isaac will join right in with this very distinct, almost fake, chuckle. It's really funny and obviously adorable.
He also began mimicking the sounds of the book Go Dogs, Go! this week. He will do a "guh" sound and a "dah" sound. And now whenever he sees that book he says "dah." He doesn't however, say "dah" when he sees an actual dog.
I also discovered today that he knows where his head is. He pointed to it all by himself when I was singing head, shoulders, knees and toes with him. And then when I would ask where his head was he would point to it.
Isaac can now stand without having something to hold on to. I think he mostly figured this out when his cousin Maxwell was over this week. Well, he started doing it more regularly at least. So he is definitely a full fledged walker now.
Speaking of cousin Maxwell, here are some photos of he and Isaac from yesterday. Unfortunately they are a little grainy. But still adorable.


Don't mind the ironing board and organ bench in the background. I'm working on a quilt for Isaac for his birthday and the organ bench is moved to block the way from the kitchen into that area. I need to buy another baby gate but so far our ghetto contraptions are working quite nicely.

And the following photos are from Sunday. Isaac just looked so stinking cute having a snack by the window that I had to snap a few pictures. We also had Sarah and Kevin and Maxwell over for dinner so there is another photo of the boys playing.







It's fun seeing them play together now. They are starting to interact a little more and Isaac can keep up a little better now that he's walking. Maxwell distracted Isaac from his usual mischief and it was a nice little break for me. I didn't seem to have to constantly be checking what Isaac was doing. I began to see how maybe having more than one kid could be a good thing. :)

3 comments:

Jason&Shannon said...

No maybe about it, more than one is a good thing. Sometimes the distractions are more like fighting/arguing, but even that is an important skill. Right? Hey, did I give him that Old Navy jacket or am I just remembering it from looking at his clothes when I was there?

Emily said...

How is it possible that he keeps getting cuter and cuter?! :) I love that he says "amen" and "dah." Can't wait to see your quilt! We used our ottoman to block the doorway for a long time- until Ansley figured out how to crawl over it. PS sorry I haven't called you yet. What's your schedule like?

Mary Ann said...

Amen! What a cutie!