Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Super Random, But Super Awesome

I have a collection of very random photos. Primarily of Isaac because that is apparently what my blog has become.
Isaac was playing with a drill Jacob brought in during lunch today. Jacob set it down for a minute and Isaac was there in record speed. Jacob thought it was the best thing ever that Isaac already loves some power tools. I mostly was grateful Jacob was bringing in the drill to install some child proof things on our drawers in the desk area of our kitchen. I am soooooo done chasing Isaac away from those drawers, and the garbage/recycle/shred bins, and the fireplace, and ________ (fill in the blank with any other hazardous place in our home).
In my later childhood years it became a Carter General Conference tradition to make ginormous sweet rolls filled with all kinds of crazy goodness for breakfast. And while I don't make those insane sweet rolls, I do try to do something fun for breakfast both Saturday and Sunday morning. Saturday is usually reserved for a very rare donut run to our favorite Lamar's Donuts. And this past Sunday I made something in the cinnamon roll family.

This beauty is cinnamon sugar pull apart bread (recipe found here). And let me tell ya, it was delicious. It might make another visit to our kitchen come Christmas time.

Isaac also learned a new trick on Sunday. He discovered how to climb into his toy basket. He's been doing it periodically ever since. Most of the time he can manage to get out by himself, but sometimes not so much. It's pretty funny to see him try and maneuver out of the basket and then give up and look at me and cry. Of course I don't just sit there and laugh at him. I do help him out.




And this is usually the scene Jacob comes home to after work. While I am making dinner, on good days, Isaac will entertain himself in this less than hazardous cupboard in our kitchen. He especially loves the salad spinner but also learned he can put the bowls on his head.





But his most favorite place in the kitchen is the dishwasher. And he recently learned how to climb up on the door when it is open. I haven't got a picture of it yet because I'm usually more concerned about making sure knifes and glass dishes are out of his reach. He comes racing into the kitchen any time he hears the door open and dishes start clanking around. Not sure what the fascination is...

And to continue the random, here is a picture of Isaac standing on his own. And walking. But you can't really tell the movement in a photo. He still prefers crawling over walking but will cruise like crazy along the walls and furniture. And he will walk when I stand him up. At least until he falls or gets tired of it and then plops to the floor to crawl. And I'm okay with that. Take your time, buddy. I'm worn out enough trying to keep up with you crawling.

And finally, here is just a cute, toothy grin. Isaac is working on teeth number 6 and 7 right now. I sure am ready for them to come in. He is often very clingy and needy in the afternoons due to the teething. I guess I should just count my blessings that he is mostly sleeping well through the night and is taking relatively decent naps. I'm knocking on wood as I type...

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

MaryAnn said...

Super Cute!

Mary Ann said...

The cinnamon bread looks delicious, and so does Isaac. :) I especially love the pic of him putting the bowl on his head. Way cute!

Kelli said...

You've got my mouth watering over that cinnamon bread...mmm... man, my blog hadn't updated me on your postings for the past few months! Whoops! You're little guy's gotten so big! My little girl is going on 2 and I still can't keep her from climbing onto the open dishwasher door...