Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Early Winter

We woke this morning to this scene:
The tree limbs were touching the ground. Jacob spent some time shaking snow off the tree and we were glad he did. Driving around town and in our neighborhood there are many trees that didn't fare as well as ours did. So many snapped branches. I guess that's what happens when a heavy snow arrives before all the leaves have fallen.

Isaac spent much of his day like this:


He was totally fascinated with the snow. I had a busy day and wanted to wait for Jacob to be home before introducing him to the snow. So the window watching had to do.

Until:

Oh man! Could this bundled up kid be any cuter!? I am loving it. And Isaac mostly kept his hat and mittens on. That's pretty impressive in my book.



He's doing a lot of spitting and tongue-sticking-outing these days. It makes for one slobbery mess. Especially when he was already a drooly baby to begin with.





And then the fun ended. He didn't love being plunked in the middle of the snow covered grass. Not sure he's a huge fan of the snow in general actually. Jacob thinks it's because it makes it hard for him to walk. And while that may be true, I would suspect the chilliness of it adds to the dislike. Plus, he's maybe coming down with a cold anyway. No one likes being cold when you have a cold...

And here is the finished quilt for Isaac's birthday. I really like the way it turned out. It's bright and fun and has dinosaurs on it. Perfection.

I especially love the fabric selected for the backing. Super cute. But probably the cutest thing is the little soon-to-be one year old pulling off his sock.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

MaryAnn said...

He does look cute all bundled up. I love the quilt. I'm a bad aunt - when is his birthday again?

Emily said...

Love the pictures in the snow! I'm also impressed that he kept his hat and mittens on. The quilt looks AWESOME!!!

Mary Ann said...

That's some crazy snow! I'm loving bundled-up Isaac too. Way cute! Good job on the adorable quilt. Where do you find the time? Love the pic of Issac pulling off his socks. Hannah's the same way. Her socks rarely stay on longer than 2 minutes. She usually has them off in 2 seconds flat.

Nicole said...

I can't believe you guys got so much snow! It cut your favorite season short! How rude.

That quilt looks amazing! I am so jealous of your skillz! Someday I will learn to quilt. I might want to perfect my sewing first though...