Friday, January 22, 2010

Crazy? Possibly.

I just tried to go for a little jog. In Colorado. In January.

Let's just say I was less successful than I had hoped. I made it about 1/2 a mile before my lungs rebelled against the chilly air.

It's currently about 41 degrees here.

But the deceptive sun was shining and, well, sometimes you just feel like jogging. So I did (almost).

Overall I ended up jogging/walking/jogging/walking about 1.6 miles. Yes, I know that is not impressive. But for me it was huge just to get moving.

And I have been coughing ever since.

But it still felt good.

6 comments:

Nicole said...

Good for you. It may have been cold, but it still nice to get outside. As least you didn't slip on black ice. I did that last week and bruised my tail bone. I will be going to the rec's indoor track until the snow/ice has melted.

Unknown said...

I hear you about going running in Colorado in January. I ask myself why I do this every time I walk out the door. Then I remember how good it makes me feel. So good for you for getting out the door! I am thinking we live close and should get together (tonedguns (at) hotmail (dot) com)

Kelli said...

Sure it's impressive. I rarely even go that far in nice weather. :) I would be coughing the whole time out there too.

MaryAnn said...

You should be proud that you got out and got some exercise. I am proud of myself today because I got showered, got my hair blow dried and did all the laundry and put it away. I also noticed that you are reading Great Expectations. I read that recently and would like to know what you think about it.

Amanda, Curtis, Ellis, Hugh, Rhys, Graham, Sylvia said...

Hey, January 23 was also National Pie Day! You are a girl after my own heart: Celebrating! Every day a holiday!

scott said...

Great expectations is a good one, I tried to get Mary Ann to read it, but she gave up and read another book, oh well!